NGD: New Godin Day

Flatspotter

• Members

For Christmas, I gave myself a Godin xtSA, in red. Amazon sells them, and curiously had three different prices for the three colors it's available in. The trans black was full price at $998, the burst was $771, and the red was $759. I went with the cheapest one, and used $126 of credit card points to bring the price down to $633 with free shipping.

It's a HSH, with piezo pickups in the saddles, and is synth-ready with a 13 pin connector. The fretboard is a 16" radius, which is taking a little getting used to, but no big deal. The scale is 25.5", with a maple center body and poplar wings, and a flamed maple veneer top.

The neck is mahogany with an ebony fretboard. It has a nice satin finish that feels like bare wood. The profile is medium, about the same as my American Standard Strat, but wider.

It's well made, plays nicely, and sounds great! There's a little bit of fret sprout, but hey, it's winter and almost all my guitars have some fret sprout.

The flame looks mismatched in this picture, but it's not, as you can see in the second picture.

Godincouch1024.jpg

Godinbody1024.jpg

• Members

HNGD - glad you like it. I have the trans-black, and to really weird people out I put DR Black Beauty strings on it, so they are almost invisible against the ebony FB & black top.

The biggest downsides are the small dynamic range on the piezo (stops getting louder too soon) and the PUs being rather bland. But it's a very powerful gigging tool, and mine gets used regularly.

• Members

For Christmas, I gave myself a Godin xtSA, in red. Amazon sells them, and curiously had three different prices for the three colors it's available in. The trans black was full price at $998, the burst was $771, and the red was $759. I went with the cheapest one, and used $126 of credit card points to bring the price down to $633 with free shipping.

It's a HSH, with piezo pickups in the saddles, and is synth-ready with a 13 pin connector. The fretboard is a 16" radius, which is taking a little getting used to, but no big deal. The scale is 25.5", with a maple center body and poplar wings, and a flamed maple veneer top.

The neck is mahogany with an ebony fretboard. It has a nice satin finish that feels like bare wood. The profile is medium, about the same as my American Standard Strat, but wider.

It's well made, plays nicely, and sounds great! There's a little bit of fret sprout, but hey, it's winter and almost all my guitars have some fret sprout.

The flame looks mismatched in this picture, but it's not, as you can see in the second picture.

Godincouch1024.jpg

Godinbody1024.jpg

damn, man~ that's beautiful!

Archived