What's a good cheap foam we can use for our rehearsal studio?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ETHAN WINER,

Ready Acoustics will challenge you to a $20,000.00 bet that our RT424 Panels are BETTER than MiniTraps in an Acoustic Laboratory challenge. Mind you, this is NOT the "home" testing you are now fond of, but Absolute Acoustical Laboratory Analysis. Again, not to be confused with your silly "home" testing.....let's analyze your Minitraps vs. our RT424 panels and let a magazine or Intellectual Acousticians (something you WISH you could pretend to be) conclude which is a better over-all solution for small or large room acoustics treatment.

Watcha say? My 20k vs your 20k. You pick the Acoustical Laboratory, I'll pay for the product, the analysis and the publicizing or such, and YOU can attend the testing without us!

Fair Enough?

Please respond with your acceptance of this challenge, or your submission that our products are better than yours.

Sincerely,

Joel DuBay

President/ CEO

Ready Acoustics LLC

• Members

ETHAN WINER,

Ready Acoustics will challenge you to a $20,000.00 bet that our RT424 Panels are BETTER than MiniTraps in an Acoustic Laboratory challenge. Mind you, this is NOT the "home" testing you are now fond of, but Absolute Acoustical Laboratory Analysis. Again, not to be confused with your silly "home" testing.....let's analyze your Minitraps vs. our RT424 panels and let a magazine or Intellectual Acousticians (something you WISH you could pretend to be) conclude which is a better over-all solution for small or large room acoustics treatment.

Watcha say? My 20k vs your 20k. You pick the Acoustical Laboratory, I'll pay for the product, the analysis and the publicizing or such, and YOU can attend the testing without us!

Fair Enough?

Please respond with your acceptance of this challenge, or your submission that our products are better than yours.

Sincerely,

Joel DuBay

President/ CEO

Ready Acoustics LLC

Better yet, how about if YOU provide all of us here at the SSS a detailed list of clients using your product in professional and successful recording studio environments. You have all of 6 posts..... The other product vendors in this particular discussion have already established their credentials with this crowd. What say you???? Have you any "big names" to share??? Personal and professional references go a LONG way when they come from reliable sources.

Also, what are the fire ratings on your product? A factor that is as important as what the sound ratings are to many, if not all.

• Members

YOUR PRODUCT which is a cloth bag

Okay, now you finally got me to go check out this cat's site.... :eek::eek::eek:

Joel,

Your "bag" against Real Traps MiniTraps.... this has got to be the greatest showdown in history!!! Minus the "OWENS CORNING", which BTW is NOT your product, you'll be left holding the (dare I say it) ...... BAG!!! :freak:

• Members

LOL, yes, I submit that our products are better than yours. :thu:

Really Joel, WTF is your problem? Wife leave you? Dog bite your ankle? Your kids make fun of you openly? Can't get it up? What exactly? And why should it concern me? :freak:

Does your partner know you're going around the forums making a fool of yourself?

Joel, please stop, it just makes you look pathetic. And I'm quite certain the folks who run this fine forum would prefer you go away too.

--Ethan

• Members

Folks,

Ah, now I see why Joel resurrected this thread. He put his "Ethan Sucks" web site back online, and wanted to bring this thread back up so people will see it. Look for his post hiding behind the name riceinfusions on Page 1 where he links to it.

Joel, this is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Everyone knows you are behind this web site.

--Ethan

• Members

Okay, now you finally got me to go check out this cat's site....
:eek:

Joel,

Your "bag" against Real Traps MiniTraps.... this has got to be the greatest showdown in history!!! Minus the "OWENS CORNING", which BTW is NOT your product, you'll be left holding the (dare I say it) ...... BAG!!!
:freak:

Do you know that the Honda c2000 comes pretty close to beating a Porsche (not the S but the standard) Boxster? A loaded Boxster costs around $75 grand and a loaded c2000 is around $35 grand. Not sure on the cost but I am pretty close though. Guess what, Porsche owners are still buying Porsches even though they know about the c2000. WHY? Well it is a Porsche!!!!!!:p

I think the same could be said about any product out on the market.

CAPON3IQ.jpg

Glenn

• Members

Good post Glenn. And BTW folks, that's Glenn driving his new car!
:D

Now hold on before everyone thinks I am some RICH guy, that boxster is 8 years old and bought it from a guy that REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY needed the money. ;) But yes that is me and YES that is me FLYING THROUGH the Tail of the Dragon!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW

www.tailofthedragon.com....

Glenn

• Moderators

Umm..... I'm staying out of this except to offer my unbiased professional services and the university's anechoic and reverberant chambers in return for your $20,000. :o

Terry D.

P.S. LOL at your suggestion that a magazine do the test. ;)

P.P.S. My CV, references, and degrees upon request. :)

• Members

To summarize, I sometimes defend foam on these forums because I've tested it extensively and I'm happy to share my data and methodology with anyone who is interested in why I've come to the conclusions that I have.

Heh. The first time I read this, I thought Terry had said he'd "tasted it extensively", which suddenly lent a whole new credibility to him, in my eyes.

• Members

Oh, I wouldn't want to close the thread - Ethan and Glenn are being far too entertaining!
:D

Well, entertaining except for the career suicide of Joel DuBay. I mean, after reading his stuff, I'd never, in a million years, purchase or advise anyone to do any business ever with Ready Acoustics LLC.

I mean, I don't like watching people self-immolate. And this forum is viewed by thousands of people, potential qualified customers themselves, who will also tell their friends never to do business with Ready Acoustics either. It's like the guy who self-combusted on the MusicPlayer forums awhile back and is now teetering on Chapter 11. It's ugly.

But if y'all are gettin a giggle, don't let me stop ya. :)

It's ugly.

I remember that, and I also thought about it once or twice while reading this thread. :(

I think Joel's products look good / useful. I think Ethan's products do too. As I think I mentioned earlier in the thread, I could see where I could put products from both companies to good use.... but no matter which "side" of this you come down on, for me, it just leaves a bad taste when I see companies directly bashing their competitors. :(

Public opinion matters. Let your products speak for themselves. Okay, in deference to Teh Weasel, feel free to market the crud out of your products and tout their features and benefits to the moon and back... but IMO, it does a company more harm than good to go negative on a competitor. If their product is crap, the word will get around, via the consumers, quickly enough - you don't need to be the one to tell the world. And if your product is better / cheaper, that word will also get around.

I never - never - bash competing producer / engineers, or other studios. Bad joss, and bad for business. I get plenty of work, and if they're good, so will they. And that makes me a happy camper for all concerned. I'm too busy for turf wars, and as long as I continue to do my utmost for my clients, I'll trust them to spread the word.

I'd rather have my customers speaking positively about my business than talking negatively about my feud with a competitor...

Just my personal POV FWIW. :wave:

Archived