What's a good cheap foam we can use for our rehearsal studio?

• Members

Thank you Ani for your kind words. Yes - I've know Ethan for years, we were the first two on the net pushing acoustics and he has constantly helped out on my site answering newbie questions through to contributing to the ongoing discussions and debates. I've seen him being attacked regularly and I now erase posts that do. The people who attack him come from various sources but typically it's his competitors. I really admire him for his resilience to this constant barrage. He's even stood back and allowed his competitors to test his product on their sites. They are obviously trying to find fault, yet never do.

Now as for for that pesky nurses - well if you saw me now you'd agree with him as I'm unshaven after three wonderful days camping out on the new block of land I'm currently purchasing. It's in the forest with wild roos, lottsa colourful birdlife, goannas racing up the trees, platypus in the billabong and miles from everywhere. So I must be a hippy at heart. ;)

cheers
john

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are welcome John, and thank you for being the amiable and inspirational person that you are. It's always been a pleasure talking with you.... even in a Political Forum environment, back in the day. ;)

It sounds like you have landed yourself and nice little retreat to escape to. :thu:

• Members

Thanks all - I've been searching for it for sometime now - finding somewhere remote is easy, finding a remote block with power and broadband available is another story ;) this block has both :D

The local town has a primary school, pub, community center and a store. But the beauty is I called in had a chat with the local electrician on a sunday, he called me back on this monday and is already working out getting the power on. Would never happen in the mainstream. I'm probably his only customer this week :)

• Members
Now as for for that pesky nurses - well if you saw me now you'd agree with him as I'm unshaven after three wonderful days camping out on the new block of land I'm currently purchasing. It's in the forest with wild roos, lottsa colourful birdlife, goannas racing up the trees, platypus in the billabong and miles from everywhere. So I must be a hippy at heart.

POST PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Glenn

• Members

take a look at this....worked pretty good for me.

specs:

Seems a bit pricey, considering I can pick up equivalent products in fiberglass for a 1/3 of the cost. Also, the fiberglass products are available with facing.

In my own personal experience in having witnessed what fire can do to cotton products, and also in knowing that cotton products retain water or moisture of any sort; I would be curious as to what chemicals have been used to make the product both fire and fungi resistant. Fire must exceed EXTREME temperatures before glass products will fail; hence glass cookware, insulation products, use in electrical components that generate heat, and other critical applications where extreme heat could create combustible situations. I can't see, without witnessing it with my own eyes, ANY cotton product being used inside an oven reaching temperatures of a moderate 450 degrees... let alone withstanding the temperatures that a home in flames are capable of reaching.

Perhaps a video showing the cotton insulation product withstanding the direct flame of a blow torch to see how it would perform might be convincing enough to look into the product a bit more, but...... for a third of the cost; I'm quite comfortable in taking the precautionary measures needed to install a product that has been time tested and proven.

• Members

You'd love it Ken ;) I was walking around the block the other evening as the sun was setting and I felt I was being watched - I turned to see a large male Roo looking at me. He was almost as tall as me (6' 1"). we looked at each other then he turned and hopped away. He'll be back I hope. ;)

• Members
drake.jpg

So you're one of those people from another reality, where life looks like a cross between a _Mix_ magazine cover and _Architectural Digest_? I'm still not sure if you really exist or not, I know Peter Gabriel lives in a similar studio environment.

What kind of tree is that on the left, the one that looks like it's been "carved"...?

• Members

What kind of tree is that on the left, the one that looks like it's been "carved"...?

It's a young, I mean 30 - 40 year old, gum tree. The whole area has been logged intensly for years, there are few grandfather or father trees by Gum tree standards left. But I am impressed by the variety of trees still existing and there are no weeds. As you can see the trees aren't blackened which means a fire hasn't been through it yet........ I say 'yet' because it's always a possibility. Prior to subdivision it was grazed.

It faces NE which for us is your SE. :D

• 5 years later...
  • Members

I just wanted to add that sound proofing material for floors is critical in an apartment building or condominium complex. I live in a sixteen story high rise in which most of the apartments come with Berber carpeting, however there are some owners that prefer wood floors.

According to our condo by-laws wood floors can be installed provided that sound proofing material is used. The owner

Archived