2pacHendrix

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think this was mentioned?

[YOUTUBE]nD3pipXLFgY[/YOUTUBE]

couple older 1's mentioned or not:

Can't find anything really from the album "Sons of the P" but...

[YOUTUBE]raIxMrXQ9ps[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]SvV-upQVoFs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]pEbGLE5EVP0[/YOUTUBE]

Outkast & Wu Tang/solo's are fav's of mine also.

• Members

Outkast & Wu Tang/solo's are fav's of mine also.

That Fugee's song is lovely! I didn't really know they could do that, maybe I should check them out more.

The only Fugees song I've heard was Killin' me Softly and this one:

[YOUTUBE]l-htxMkiErI[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

While we're on the topic of the fugees, I'll tell y'all a little story.

When I was 6 or 7 I loved Nelly, Ja Rule, Eve, and all those guys from pre-2004 mainstream hip hop. Anyway, I was in a music store about to buy a Nelly cd, but the guy at the register told me to buy a Wyclef Jean CD instead. He was really cool and started freestyling some of wyclef's lyrics. I've never heard of him, but in one of his songs he had The Rock, I also was a huge wwf fan, so I bought it. I haven't listened that album in a while, but I'm sure it's in my closet somewhere. Anyway I want to thank the guy at the music store for making me not buy that Nelly cd. Here's the album I got:

MusicCatalog%5CW%5CWyclef%20Jean%20-%20T

Here's a cover of the Pink Floyd classic :thu:

_jqutCxpKLU

This guy can go suck a cock. Pink Floyd was one of the greatest bands? ever and this nigger {censored} it up. Wish you were here is a great song by PINK FLOYD.

Comments like that make me feel ashamed to be an American :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Whatever, I can't tell you what to do and I can't blame you for having an opinion. The least I could ask of you to do is listen to some of the clips we posted. This isn't the rap you hear on the radio (that's for the money) this is real hip hop (for the lifestyle) It's amazing how much you'll like with an open mind.

As for the RAP=Retards Attempting Poetry thing, I'm amazed that people actually say that. I think rap has one the best lyrics out of any genre. They can express so many words in one verse. Like this:

Carpe Diem the philosophy I've come to embrace

On a trek to find myself with God and plead my case

I no longer want to straddle the fence of the agnostic

Due to my success within my flesh I've become a hostage

My light doesn't shine anymore the dimmer switch has darkened the filament

I was the sun now I'm a star in the skies of ignorance

Yep that's defiantly not poetry :rolleyes:

If you don't like hip hop and plan on flaming instead of listening, then please don't waste your time in this thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Whatever, I can't tell you what to do and I can't blame you for having an opinion. The least I could ask of you to do is listen to some of the clips we posted. This isn't the rap you hear on the radio (that's for the money) this is real hip hop (for the lifestyle) It's amazing how much you'll like with an open mind.

As for the RAP=Retards Attempting Poetry thing, I'm amazed that people actually say that. I think rap has one the best lyrics out of any genre. They can express so many words in one verse. Like this:

Carpe Diem the philosophy I've come to embrace

On a trek to find myself with God and plead my case

I no longer want to straddle the fence of the agnostic

Due to my success within my flesh I've become a hostage

My light doesn't shine anymore the dimmer switch has darkened the filament

I was the sun now I'm a star in the skies of ignorance

Yep that's defiantly not poetry
:rolleyes:
If you don't like hip hop and plan on flaming instead of listening, then please don't waste your time in this thread.

While I admit there's some good stuff in this thread and have listened to some of the artists in this thread, maybe it don't belong in an ELECTRIC GUITAR FORUM ???????? This is the last place I want to encounter hip hop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Man, Raekwon's new album "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2" is amazing. So many good songs on that album. I've been listening to it a lot since I got it, and I think it's one of the best hiphop albums in years. You guys should definitely check it out.

Archived