Good Hip-Hop Artists.

2pacHendrix

• Members

Same here, man. I used to despise hip hop until I heard Tupac's poetry, indeed a legend. Speaking of poetry, another reason I love hip hop is because it has great poets like Saul Williams. If you guys like him, check out Sage Francis:

BffumeEaYOI

vQJwT18C4P4

7MCBrOJ0kCo&feature=related

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

More stuff just saw Tech N9ne last month and it {censored}ing rocked!!!!
funny thing is i'm a punk/thrash/rock fan and thats what i play.but i pretty much just listen to Rap/hip hop ,mostly underground stuff,unless im playing guitar.
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
Enjoy.
and there is planty of guitars on many hip hop/rap artists music.
cypress hill had guitars on most of their albums,kottonmouth kings also.

• Members

Start with some 70's funk. Learn it then start with some early 90's rap like Ice Cube, Cypress Hill, Snoop. The funk will get you understanding the sampled roots and how DJ's and Rappers cleverly bend those themes around.

Like some Ike Turner:

7FbR-ql2bOA

'And get the Jurassic 5 on the microphone'

• Members

the Pack(formerly the Wolfpack),bay area hip hop.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

here's some old school Pimp {censored}!

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

^Blackroc was a disappointment to me. The only song I can listen to more than once is 'Stay off the {censored}ing Flowers' They could of had better rappers on the tracks, but Mos Def is amazing.

Anyway, I just listened to 'Illmatic' by Nas and I'm just in awe at how powerful that album is. Take into consideration that he was 19 years old when he wrote it--this was back when hip hop youth had talent, I'm looking at you Solja Boy--It's just an incredible album and I encourage any music fan to atleast take a peak at the lyrics and recognize the talent.Nas' lyrics are very similar to poetry in the structure of the songs. He has one song where he tells a story from the perspective of a gun and gives the listener an insight to what the gun is feeling everytime it goes off and what it has seen. Wow, I'm rambling but the point is Nas is lyrical genius. Google the lyrics to 'Fetus', 'NY State of Mind', 'One Love' and 'I Gave You Power' if you don't believe me.

• 5 months later...

Archived