Dr Dre

DJ Shadow

Mos Def

Common

Talib Kwali

Wutang Clan

Snoop Dog (death row era)

Pretty much any one from Death row during the mid to late 90's

Why not take this {censored} to some other forum ?

:facepalm:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Most of those Hip Hop and Rap songs are just about big ass women, doing it, money, drugs, chilling out....

...so yeah, I'm fine with that!

Don't really know much about the genre but I like listening now and then. I think this is kinda of old but I enjoyed it.

:thu:

If any of you guys can recommend more stuff like this, I'd love to hear about it.

[YOUTUBE]CQ27AM3RTv8[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Hmmmm. I don't really listen to gansta rap that much anymore, but this is one of my favorite songs from that era:

[YOUTUBE]ckOULenKxiQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Others that are pretty good:

[YOUTUBE]c9-M2tqIX38&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OsT8FaZnzdE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GSszWXkDHa8[/YOUTUBE]

And lots of tupac :thu:

• Members

That same description could be used on Metal or some rock

I thought the same thing. I actually thought he was joking :idk: I guess some people are just idiots :idea:

EDIT: Here's a little diddy I like to call 'Cum on feel tha noize' by a little british boy

V_vpV9l1LRk

• Members

Not to mention I rarely if ever hear any guitar in it.

IdS8jZWKo_I&feature=related

387ZDGSKVSg&feature=related

i2NsPM2ALfs

Plus many more that I'm too lazy to find. Check out Run DMC and the beastie boys if you want to hear some guitars in a rap song.

And my video for the day:

Murs for president, ya'll!

XU1-UN6AazQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

While my listening pallette is quite wide (rock, jazz, blues, classical...even opera and bluegrass until they start singing), at 48 I just can't go there. Listened to several examples posted in this thread to attempt to educate myself - no luck. Not hatin', just don't get it. To each his/her own, though.

• Members

While my listening pallette is quite wide (rock, jazz, blues, classical...even opera and bluegrass until they start singing), at 48 I just can't go there. Listened to several examples posted in this thread to attempt to educate myself - no luck. Not hatin', just don't get it. To each his/her own, though.

48! :eek::eekphil::cop: :cop:

Just kidding man, but music doesn't have an age limit. I think everybody would atleast like 1 song from every genre, just because it's all so different. As you may know, Rock has various sub-genres that all have their own little twist. That's the same with hip hop, too. You got rappers spitting over acapella tracks, jazz samples, even rock music. It's just all so different. I'm glad your keeping an open mind about it, though. Just keep listening, you'll find one particular artist that will change your mind. :)

Archived