Has anyone here actually found something cool on GC used?

slushpup96

• Members

Sure... both of my small amps. A Vox DA5 and a Fender Vibro Champ XD. Also, a couple good deals on used pedals. Don't think I've ever bought a guitar though I've never looked too closely at guitars online. I'm more a bit more 'play it first' when it comes to guitars.

• Members

Are we only referring to online deals? I've gotten two guitars from them used, but both were at the local store.

First was a seemingly unplayed Ibanez AF95 (still had foam under floating bridge) for $299 ($250 less than new) and the other was a Reverend Six gun for $450 (those go for around $750 new). I had been modded slightly by having a phase switch added. Having never seen one before, let alone played, didn't know that was an extra, and very very good addition.

• Members

If all you're seeing is junk, you're searching for junk; or maybe you don't know how to effectively use the search function.

How about a Gibson Murphy Aged Slash Les Paul?

106959150_lg.jpg

PRS Prototype?

106853385_lg.jpg

What about a Masterbuilt double neck Jag?

105424443_lg.jpg

Whether or not you like them is one thing, but all three (among pages and pages of others) are far from "junk."

• Members

Absolutely! I found my MIM HSS Strat in Sienna Sunburst used on GC's used listings. I drove to the GC and found it was impossible to tell from new. Literally, they could have sold it as new--not a scratch, ding or wear mark, nor a belt scratch. It was $365.

Then I found a Yamaha RBX775 bass with active equalization from a GC somewhere in Missouri, I think. Almost no wear, you have to look really closely to any at all. Beautiful! $200 including shipping!

• Members

I recently picked up a Digitech RP1000 in nearly new condition for $199.

I paid $100 less than that for my Digitech 2101 Studiotube preamp/modeller with PPC card + midi swtiching system and they gave me $50 credit back to play with, knowing I would blow it that day on more gear.

That's my main store now, So many deals there, plus free ship to store from the used website listings makes everyday like Christmas Eve! JUST missed out on a $1000 BC Rich Draco online that sold for $350! Kicking myself for that but you can't be too fast when you find those deals.

...umm, nevermind. GC Used sucks. Nothing worth getting on that damned horrible site.:p

• Members

I always see good deals on their used stuff. Their prices seem very fair and the return policy is excellent. Bought my last two guitars off the used list and they were exactly as described and priced better than I could find anywhere else, including ebay. Not sure what your idea of a deal is, but, if you cant find good prices on the used selection, I dont know what to tell you. They arent going to give stuff away.

• Members

^ theres some crazy deals on there used list.

you just have to look in other states sometimes and pay 11$ shipping but its still a deal.

How is a Speacial RUn SIenna SUnburst MIM HSS standard strat for 200 plus shiping not a deal????

i cant find a price like that locally on craigslist, but i can on guitar center used in other states.

• Members

Yeah, they have a lot of good deals- particularly on effects.

I snagged a used silverburst Telecaster for $279. Called up the store in Kansas that had it and confirmed it was all good and they told me to go ahead and place my order through the website. I did and 2 hours later I get an email saying that the guitar had been sold earlier that day.

That made me angry.

• Members

I'm hoping to pick this up this week, just waiting on my tax return:

426718_10150543023032911_782147910_89590

Not a crazy good deal, but I've watching a bunch of these on Ebay, and they tend to go $150-200 more online. So I'll save a bit.

In the past I've gotten a Kustom 36 Coupe, An Epi Firebird, and few pedals for decent prices.

Archived