Opinions please, has this gone too far?

nightwatchman

• Members

I recently decided to take out an older 1989 usa squier strat that I hadn't played in a while, and fix it up, sand and paint the cavities, shielding etc.....

At some point I must have had some LSD summer of love flashback, because I kept envisioning flowers and such. The brass decorations are tool chits from where I work.

And this is the result, is it too gaudy? Too ugly, what do you think? I can reverse it, but I don't feel like it right now. The guitar plays and sounds great.

Would any of you play it? What are your thoughts?

%2524%2528KGrHqJ%252C%2521hoE7lIQheSeBPM

419457_363938980307660_100000746841615_1

420075_363941636974061_100000746841615_1

018.JPG

024.JPG

010.JPG

013.JPG

010.JPG

007.JPG

006.JPG

• Members

Hey man... if you are comfortable rockin' it, keep on rockin' it... in your Elton John or Liberace cover band. :lol:

Just kidding. Actually, as long as your band plays something where that look is appropriate, I say go for it! :thu:

• Members

Like it. What is the Folsom Prison tag? I have a similar tag that came with the ashes from my Mother when she was cremated back in '97. I've been wanting to attach it to a guitar, just haven't found the right one or place. I thought maybe the headstock.

• Members

007.JPG

No, you have not taken this to far.

In fact, you are still about 20+ stickers short.

As it looks right now it is indeed (like others also have mentioned) how i'd imagine a 10 year old girl would like to decorate a guitar.

To make it really flower-powery (and more manly) there should be loads more decoration on it.

It should reflect light in a cool way.

• Members

It's all your thing so as long as you like it . But since you asked

"Would any of you play it? What are your thoughts?"

Yes sure I'd play it , after all it is a strat , but it's too girly for me , I would go with some classic Bomber girls or just left it as it was .However I'm sure many a young girl would love to rock it .

• Members

No, you have not taken this to far.

In fact, you are still about 20+ stickers short.

As it looks right now it is indeed (like others also have mentioned) how i'd imagine a 10 year old girl would like to decorate a guitar.

To make it really flower-powery (and more manly) there should be loads more decoration on it.

It should reflect light in a cool way.

This

Archived