The new Ibanez premium S's!

dres_x

• Members

Very profound response.

If you think it doesn't look cheap or it looks good then you are entitled to that opinion but I would be inclined to think that you have bad taste if that were the case.

Meanwhile I'm just picturing you, sitting in a room full of guitars where your keyboard is the most appreciated instrument.

Like I care how the pickups selector looks on my S. That's like looking at a beautiful woman and complaining that she has knobby knees - get over yourself.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meanwhile I'm just picturing you, sitting in a room full of guitars where your keyboard is the most appreciated instrument.

Like I care how the pickups selector looks on my S. That's like looking at a beautiful woman and complaining that she has knobby knees - get over yourself.

:facepalm: back at you then...especially for 'picturing me in a room' but also for making up some alternate reality that you are fabricating out of thin air.

Get over myself? I was talking about a guitar component - WTF are you talking about?

• Members

...and craigny, I can't believe that you aren't backing me up on those ugly switch things. Even the hardcore Ibanez enthusiasts that I know hate them.

They look like someone had a bad 'meaty' sneeze on them and just let it dry so now there is a permanent hard chunk there with a switch jutting out.

• Members

I have never been a fan of the switch mount on rear routed S style Ibanez'. That said both of those guitars look shredtastic. As I age though I find spindly little shreddy necks harder to "shred" on than those with some girth.

• Members

...and craigny, I can't believe that you aren't backing me up on those ugly switch things. Even the hardcore Ibanez enthusiasts that I know hate them.

They look like someone had a bad 'meaty' sneeze on them and just let it dry so now there is a permanent hard chunk there with a switch jutting out.

Because they don't bother me in the least and IMO do nothing to detract from the overall look of the guitar ...to me its no different than the big washer label switch on a lp which I don't mind either.

• Members

The switch housing is because the body at that point is so thin they top-load the switch, something Ibanez has been doing since (or since before) the S-Classic series. Only way to do it-

Or they could do the something very simular but from the back, or just a nicer materal vs a fat chunk of cheep plastic.

• Members

Wait, you are telling someone to get over themselves because they point out something that looks like a small piece of turd on an otherwise attractive instrument, seems pretty clear that you have some getting over yourself to do. What are you, like four?

• Members
:facepalm:
back at you then...especially for 'picturing me in a room' but also for making up some alternate reality that you are fabricating out of thin air.

Get over myself? I was talking about a guitar component - WTF are you talking about?

Yeah, get over yourself. You act disgusted at the switch and unless you're a burnished specimen of human perfection then it seems likely that, as beautiful as you may be, that you're without at least one flaw. Perhaps you have a top-mounted pickup selector switch jutting outta your ass, who knows?

• Members

I guess its never too late to take the low road. Awesome job Jeff!

Yes...first he's 'picturing me in a room' and then he's contemplating things about my ass.

All the while he's telling ME to get over myself but check his avatar.

Good one Jeff - good one!

• Members

Yes...first he's 'picturing me in a room' and then he's contemplating things about my ass.

All the while he's telling ME to get over myself but check his avatar.

Good one Jeff - good one!

Yeah, some of us actually use pictures of ourselves as avatars, crazy right?

As for the rest of it, I can't tell if you're being deliberately dense or if you just don't understand insinuation.

All I'm saying is that you seem to have a fanatical hatred for the S which is fueled entirely by a top-mounted pickup selector. You're mad.

• Members

They don't look very "premium" to me, honestly. I mean the finish on the brown one is upscale but that style of bolt on construction just has a cheap look about it, to me. Plus the back is more plastic than wood.

If "Premium" means made in Indonesia I shudder to think what the budget models are like.

On the other hand, if Ibanez made the old 540S in Japan or USA with a big Gibson or Fender style neck I would buy one. Always liked the looks, never cared for the neck.

Archived