OT: How do you all feel about these "holograms" on stage now?

Kuz929

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've decided to begin shooting a lot of video of myself so when I die, can still hang out with everybody as a hologram. First on the cards, a Christmas video of me singing and playing guitar for my family, shown every Christmas. Second, me eating Christmas dinner... they play it while they are eating around the table.

• Members

I thought of a context where a show via hologram would be cool. If a band couldn't be in a certain place, whether because of visa problems, bad weather, travel delays, or if there was an awards show going on while they were on tour somewhere else. They could do a performance in one spot with hologram cameras on them and beam that to another location. But those guys would still be alive and actually playing.

• Members

I thought it was pretty {censored}ing cool. It probably freaked a few people out too. It looked very realistic on the clips I saw. If Dre wants to drop a couple hundred grand (apparently) to do it then more power to him.

As for the people saying rap IS {censored} and has NO talent

eat a dick up..... you ignorant mother {censored}ers.

• Members

Doesn't bother me. A few years ago there was a tour with the band that backed Elvis in the 70s. They played the music live, with isolated vocal tracks of Elvis, while footage of him performing live was projected on a videoscreen. You just KNOW somebody is working on an Elvis holgram right now.

Like a lot of you, it's not something I'd rush out to spend money on...but acts like Elvis, Tupac, etc. that have a big following who didn't discover them until after they died, you bet they'd love to see a virtual re-creation of them.

And can we drop the whole "rap is not music" thing already? I know for a fact I'm older than most of the people here...and I'm expecting any moment to be told to get off somebody's lawn.

• Members

I thought the Tupac hologram was pretty cool. From what I've read, the Coachella performance was partially celebrating 20 years of Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg working together and, at a high profile event, they were able to pay tribute to their fallen friend.

Other people will abuse the technology, sure, but when that happens, there's simply no need to support it.

• Members

:facepalm:
You can learn a lot if you open up your ears.

So in other words you have no evidence to support your so called fact? I didn't think so. A lot of talk is what I would expect from a rap fan. I enjoyed rap when it was original and had something to offer. I came up in the 80's and 90's when there was some real talent to be had. And I am sure there is 1 talented rap artist adrift in the endless sea of garbage there is to be had now... he or she is just not worth the effort of listening to all the crap you have to sift through to find them. You cannot deny that the majority... not all... but the majority of rap out there now is some idiot talking about his gold toofs, bitches, and 22 inch rims, as they is hittin da club. It contributes to people's stupidity.

I would still be willing to look over your proof of this "fact" you claim to know when you gather it up though.

• Members

Ahhh spoken like a true scholar. I think my point about rap contributing to people's stupidity has been firmly made. Enjoy your IQ.

• Members

So in other words you have no evidence to support your so called fact? I didn't think so. A lot of talk is what I would expect from a rap fan. I enjoyed rap when it was original and had something to offer. I came up in the 80's and 90's when there was some real talent to be had. And I am sure there is 1 talented rap artist adrift in the endless sea of garbage there is to be had now... he or she is just not worth the effort of listening to all the crap you have to sift through to find them. You cannot deny that the majority... not all... but the majority of rap out there now is some idiot talking about his gold toofs, bitches, and 22 inch rims, as they is hittin da club. It contributes to people's stupidity.

I would still be willing to look over your proof of this "fact" you claim to know when you gather it up though.

WTF are you talking about?

Are you trying to convince us what music to listen to?

Anyways, I wouldn't pay to see a hologram. I want to see a live perfomance and I think it's a slap in the face to a lot of artists out there. It was cool at Coachella for a one time thing. But I don't like the idea of reviving every dead artist out there.

Not only that I think it's insulting to revive someone's image like that and market it to hell...

• Members

WTF are you talking about?

Which part? I'd be happy to elaborate.

Are you trying to convince us what music to listen to?

We're not talking about music. We're talking about rap. Where people rhyme made up words over top of someone else's music. You know... like for shizzle my nizzle. What is a nizzle anyway?

• Members
As performers, it's stupid. I'm waiting for them to combine holograms with a SIRI type technology. We'd have something close to The Doctor from Star Trek:Voyager. The possibilities are endless.

then it could do requests... FREE BIRD!!!

• Members

at Cochella this year, they "revealed" a hologram of Tupac rapping on stage.

That wasn't a "hologram"; it was a "hollagram", bro. ;)

I read an article about it interviewing the head geek of the company that produced the spurious Tupac and, while not giving any details, he said it cost between $100K and $400K to do. I'm not a fan of the artist by any stretch, but the video looked pretty cool.

• Members

It's just entertainment. I think it's kind of neat, like watching a concert movie. Not as cool as the real live show, but fun in its own way. I'd love to have seen Jimi at the Fillmore East on New Years Eve, but I couldn't. Watching the show on video was cool, and seeing it with the band as a hologram would also be cool.

• Members
I thought it was pretty {censored}ing cool. It probably freaked a few people out too. It looked very realistic on the clips I saw. If Dre wants to drop a couple hundred grand (apparently) to do it then more power to him.

Don't you mean ignant?