Your Favorite Guitar Under $150

Crisco

• Members

I have a couple good ones in that range. My Indonesian Squier strat,beats any stock MIM I've ever played... got it for $100. My SX Callisto Jr. plays and sounds much better than any $139 guitar has the right to. Not sure if this counts, but I only have about $50 invested in my latest build... the rest of the stuff I had laying around...

IMG_1413.jpg

• Members

DSC_0019.jpg

After swapping the neck for one from a Squier strat and modding the neck pickup this 99 buck Douglas tele is one of my favorites.

The original neck was fine I just disliked the flat fingerboard radius.

• Members

I vote the Epiphone LP Special with P-90's.

For $129 beans this one isn't bad at all

Jan2012004.jpg
Jan2012006.jpg
Jan2012008.jpg

I really like that, these Indonesian made Epi's I think are actually pretty good.

I have a red one with humbuckers, I got it before they came out with the p90 verison or I would've got that..oh well.

YOurs looks great though.

• Members

I've got a ton in this range, initially i have kind of a toss up between these 2:

$100 Highlander Spalted Les Paul with a SD P-Rail and a GFS neck p90.

DSCN0512.jpg' alt='>'>

or $109 my keith richards esque SX tele. BG T90 bridge and GFS alnico 2 neck

SDC14600-1.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

I really like that, these Indonesian made Epi's I think are actually pretty good.

I have a red one with humbuckers, I got it before they came out with the p90 verison or I would've got that..oh well.

YOurs looks great though.

Thanks. This one is Chinese made, plant #13 - not sure which plant that would be either.

but the neck is fantastic.

• Members

How do they even make money on these? What steps are skipped in production or what part that are cheaper than cheap? I have played a few of those LP J.r's with p90's, and even tine I do, I damn near buy one. I have spent more than that on a tuner in the olden days.

• Members

1990 Yamaha 521 - $49.99 - what an amazing sounding strat with unequaled access to upper frets without neck pup position compromise.

Dang! That's a steal. I got mine for $75. And I agree - amazing guitar.

So I bought a 921 for $125, and they are both great. One w/ a floyd and one without..

Archived