Epipone Les paul Speical sunburst: $10 at a garage sale.

BIGD

• Members

I asked the guy how low he could go. How bad could this thing be? It is pretty dinged up and he said it isn't working electonically, but I can fix that. No jack plate. Strings all rusted but neck looks straight. Bridge chrome a bit rusty.

Any chance this thing is an actual chunk of mahogany worth putting decent pickups in??

• Members

22k plus posts? ... since 2001? ... you should be telling us what its worth and if its any good, shouldn't you?

I think the fact that he was apprehensive about spending $10 for the thing tells us all we need to know ...

• Members

Les Paul Special II?

Had one. Piece of {censored}. Particle board under thick thick dead dead black poly. No pickups could save that thing.

Now, as a beginner first guitar is was very good. reasonably good feel and playability.

but it's not a "good" guitar.

• Members

Epipone Les paul Speical sunburst: $10 at a garage sale.

$10? Be glad that Elias Graves wasn't present. He would have wrestled you to the death for that geetar -- with plans to refinish it, new nut, bridge, electronics, and a pickup swap. :lol:

• Members

I asked the guy how low he could go. How bad could this thing be? It is pretty dinged up and he said it isn't working electonically, but I can fix that. No jack plate. Strings all rusted but neck looks straight. Bridge chrome a bit rusty.

Any chance this thing is an actual chunk of mahogany worth putting decent pickups in??

$10.00 ?

Jeez, you'd think the guy could throw in some new strings for $10, huh?

j/k Enjoy! :wave:

Archived