New fake vintage Jazzmaster day!

rog951

• Members

Danocaster offset. My first guitar that somebody else scratched up for me. :rolleyes: What the hell, I've always wanted a white JM with matching headstock, got a wild hair up my ass and a few months later this thing is on my doorstep. Personally, I think it's badass. Now I can play surf!

Dano1.jpg

dano5.jpg

Edit: oops! Pix should work now!

• Members

I'm not into relics either, but Danocasters have a great reputation. Congrats!
:thu:

Seems the only guy's who's bothered to look at some old guitars. Plenty of "Relicers" seemed to have based their work on other poorly done copies of "TORNTHE{censored}UP" oldsters. Most vintage guitars look nothing like SRV/dragged of the back of a truck damage.

Also, the only guy that gets the look/feel of old necks right.

• Members

Looks great! He does some very nice work.

Very nice relic job. I have never heard of these guitars. It looks really authentic. How does it stay in tune with that wacky bridge and wammy bar combination?
:confused:

Jaguar/Jazzmaster tremolos are incredibly tuning-stable.

• Members

Thanks guys! I'm not really into the whole relic thing as a rule, but Dan does a great job - I don't think I've ever seen one of his guitars that I thought was distastful in the slightest. I asked for a "light relic" since "no relic at all" wasn't an option. Very happy with the way it looks/plays/sounds and I don't need to worry about the first scratch! :D

A couple other little details:

• I asked for a Mastery bridge - I'm sure this might put off a few JM purists but I'm not one of those - so far so good.

• The pickguard is vintage tort and came from Web Wilder's old '62!

• Real clay dots on the fingerboard.

• Set up with girly 0.010s - sorry Django!

Page 2 needs pix...

dano4.jpg

dano3.jpg

Archived