New fake vintage Jazzmaster day!

rog951

• Members

Really? I must check one out. I have never played a Jaguar or Jazzmaster. They look cool.

I hadn't really spent any time with offset type guitars before picking this one up but I'm pretty impressed with the tuning stability so far. The bridge actually rocks slightly when you use the trem so the strings don't tend to drag over the saddles, and I guess that reduces the likelihood of a string hanging up? Of course, it won't do octave dives like a Floyd, but it serves its purpose. I was also surprised to find that you can pull up slightly as well.

• Members

Awesome git-box. How do they compare price-wise to Fender? I'm guessing Custom shop range? I'd almost rather have the Dano

As far as I can tell, a Dano "T" or "S" model runs a little under $2k, and an offset model runs right about $2k. Mine was a little more due to the vintage 'guard. Not sure how much Fender Custom Shop guitars run but I can tell you I don't spend this kind of money very often and I feel a little dirty. That said, I know that Danos usually retain their value pretty well so that makes me feel a little better.

• Members

As far as I can tell, a Dano "T" or "S" model runs a little under $2k, and an offset model runs right about $2k. Mine was a little more due to the vintage 'guard. Not sure how much Fender Custom Shop guitars run but I can tell you I don't spend this kind of money very often and I feel a little dirty. That said, I know that Danos usually retain their value pretty well so that makes me feel a little better.

Much less than I was thinking, very reasonable

Archived