JUNE 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

deanmass

• Members

Has anyone owned one of these? I've been looking for an inexpensive J-bass so I'm wondering what the quality of this one is like. Nowhere can I find any specs on the body wood. I previously got a Jay Turser strat from Amazon for $25 (you might remember that deal), and with some minor work it played nicely, though in my valuation it was still only worth $100 at most. So it's hard to judge what to expect with this one.

Don't know..one amazon comment...at $98 just ordered one for a wood carving project. I think most of their stuff is alder.

Only 2 left but when one is sold the last one will probably go back to around $199

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the feedback. I got one.

Hoping it turns out being a good buy...didn't do a whole lot of research but not finding any negatives is a good sign.

Grab the last one before the computers reset.

• Members

This thread killed by trolls.

I find this patently offensive, and in no way in the spirit or the history of this once excellent thread. Especially coming from a mod, and opening the thread. I can't imagine what kind of impression it leaves on someone coming here for the first time. It's just a complete slap in the face of everyone who contributes to this thread in good faith. I'm not looking for an argument either and have nothing further to say on the matter.

• Members

I find this patently offensive, and in no way in the spirit or the history of this once excellent thread. Especially coming from a mod, and opening the thread. I can't imagine what kind of impression it leaves on someone coming here for the first time. It's just a complete slap in the face of everyone who contributes to this thread in good faith. I'm not looking for an argument either and have nothing further to say on the matter.

I agree with watsonaka. Me and several others here contribute to this thread when we find good deals. That's what this thread is for.

As for Deanmass, I don't think he's not a mod. He merely started the thread.

• Members

He's not a mod, he just thinks it is his duty to start another thread on the 1st if the mods don't do it right away. A couple others pointed out to him that the mods could probably handle it and he didn't need to start the thread for them and he got a bit defensive and changed his post to what it is now.

• Members

I've regretted getting rid of a few guitars in my life:

* a Yamaha SRV

* '71 Tele

* a Jay Turser Strat I got for $100

I gave the Turser to a friend when I made a cross-country move and was thinning the guitar herd (that same week saw me sell the SRV for $250 ... sigh). I really miss that guitar. Like many Tursers, it had a pine body - which made it nice and light. While there was nothing remarkable at all about the guitar, there was also nothing wrong with it. I called it a "toilet guitar," because, uh, I like to play and write songs while sitting on the throne.

At that price, it was a terrific spare guitar to have around, and it also looked nice.

Caveat: it was at a store with a bunch of other JT's; more than half of them had issues (lumps or twists in the necks was the most common) that made them unusable. Sounds like QC has gone up in the 8 years since I got mine.

• Members

If I were interested in another Strat I'd probably pull the trigger on that ash SX. A plus is that their shipping calculator usually is over 20 bucks, sometimes close to 25, but today it's $15. Not a bad deal.

• Members

If I were interested in another Strat I'd probably pull the trigger on that ash SX. A plus is that their shipping calculator usually is over 20 bucks, sometimes close to 25, but today it's $15. Not a bad deal.

are you on the west coast?

Shipping has never been more than $15ish for me from rondo, and i've been ordering there for years.

• Members

What 15% coupon? Where might I find one of these coupons?

I wasn't referring to any specific coupon, I was saying that you could use one of the 15% coupons that seem to be available more often than not to get that price.

If there isn't one now, give it a few days, I'm sure one will be along shortly...

• Members

I just got an e-mail from Guitar Center saying that Fender is doing $100 off on their American Standards from last year, plus another rebate on top of that which GC could not disclose over e-mail. I'm set as far as Telecasters & Strats go, but I'm tempted to go see what else they have on sale.

Archived