JUNE 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

deanmass

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alright, I'll post this because it seems like a pretty good deal, but as someone is sure to post subsequent to this, you could wait for a coupon or something like that and get it cheaper someday. But, for right now: http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/DealMain.aspx?did=15123

FKVK02AMOJVJUZS12T6PPQO4JW82Y5U.jpg

For reference: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/orange-amplifiers-dual-terror-dt30h-30w-tube-guitar-amp-head

• Members

$669 (with free shipping) is the normal every day price at Humbucker Music. For Orange, always check Humbucker Music.

Okay, good advice for those who might have been misguided by my post.

I think I will just refrain from posting Hello deals from this point forward, so those of you who do not receive HelloMusic.com's emails, do sign up so as to not miss something that does not get posted here by me or the many other fine folks here.

• Members

I think I will just refrain from posting Hello deals from this point forward, so those of you who do not receive their emails, do sign up so as to not miss something that does not get posted here by me, or the many other fine folks here.

I agree that it's a good idea to keep HelloMusic out unless something looks like an insane, irresistible deal.

• Members

I think I will just refrain from posting Hello deals from this point forward, so those of you who do not receive their emails, do sign up so as to not miss something that does not get posted here by me, or the many other fine folks here.

No! I love your HM posts. :cry: I check this thread much more often than my email.

• Members

This Hello Music question was discussed last month.

I thought the concensus was keep them?

You are correct... and I have an opinion but I don't want to clog the thread with a discussion on this matter, so I created a poll:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2915901-Hello-Music-Post-in-the-Great-Deals-Thread

Now, lukewarm deal:

Lanikai A/E Uke for $69.95 with free shipping ($20 cheaper than everywhere else)...

http://www.americanmusical.com/RSS_Feeds/weeklydeals.aspx

LAI%20LU21CE.jpg

• Members

There should be A thread for "ok" deals. Hellomusic things could be placed there.

This thread should be renamed the 'ok deals thread'. I can't remember the last deal that I would consider 'great'. The truth is that there just aren't many 'great' deals these days...

• Members

This thread should be renamed the 'ok deals thread'. I can't remember the last deal that I would consider 'great'. The truth is that there just aren't many 'great' deals these days...

Actually, it should be named the "whining and bitching about (the lack of) deals thread" :D

• Members

There is nothing wrong with HM posts, buyers should probably just check around a little and not assume that something is a 'great deal' just because it is posted here.

Shouldn't people do that anyways? I questioned the LP Fireburst because I remember seeing those from $1000+ a year or so ago but that looks like a new "satin" model? Either way, if I was going to buy something from a post here or just something I stumbled across, I'd be doing a price comparison.

I think the Melody Makers for $289 is a good deal. The guy at M123 told me it was below their cost. You aren't going to find a much better deal than that IF that is something that you are interested in. They are hard to even find used at that price.

It is certainly helpful when people provide insight to certain products and gauging whether something is a good/great deal but criticizing the deals that are posted or the lack thereof is useless in my opinion. What value does that provide? I personally have bought a lot of things from this thread that I couldn't have found elsewhere. If you don't like the Hello Music deals, don't buy them. Why is there a need to criticize them? This place is a one stop shop for deals for me. If there aren't enough good deals being posted, how about some of you guys go out and find some instead of giving the people that do attempt to post them a hard time.

• Members

Shouldn't people do that anyways? I questioned the LP Fireburst because I remember seeing those from $1000+ a year or so ago but that looks like a new "satin" model? Either way, if I was going to buy something from a post here or just something I stumbled across, I'd be doing a price comparison.

I think the Melody Makers for $289 is a good deal. The guy at M123 told me it was below their cost. You aren't going to find a much better deal than that IF that is something that you are interested in. They are hard to even find used at that price.

It is certainly helpful when people provide insight to certain products and gauging whether something is a good/great deal but criticizing the deals that are posted or the lack thereof is useless in my opinion. What value does that provide? I personally have bought a lot of things from this thread that I couldn't have found elsewhere. If you don't like the Hello Music deals, don't buy them. Why is there a need to criticize them? This place is a one stop shop for deals for me. If there aren't enough good deals being posted, how about some of you guys go out and find some instead of giving the people that do attempt to post them a hard time.

They should. Whether they do or not, I have no idea. I only made my original post about HM because there have been a few comments the last month or two that made it sound like HM is some holy mecca of phenomenal deals, when for the most part, their deals are nothing special at all. I'm not sure if the criticizing deals comment was aimed at me or not, but I wasn't really trying to criticize, I was just commenting on the HM prices in general. Maybe it came across poorly. I didn't really intend to single out any deals in particular, but I did use the Beck Strat deal to illustrate my point since it pretty much applies to most of the HM deals.

I personally don't care whether people post HM deals or not, that was someone else issue last month and I thought it was resolved...

• Members

They should. Whether they do or not, I have no idea. I only made my original post about HM because there have been a few comments the last month or two that made it sound like HM is some holy mecca of phenomenal deals, when for the most part, their deals are nothing special at all. I'm not sure if the criticizing deals comment was aimed at me or not, but I wasn't really trying to criticize, I was just commenting on the HM prices in general. Maybe it came across poorly. I didn't really intend to single out any deals in particular, but I did use the Beck Strat deal to illustrate my point since it pretty much applies to most of the HM deals.

I personally don't care whether people post HM deals or not, that was someone else issue last month and I thought it was resolved...

Yeah I haven't bought anything from them and I get what you are saying. If people find value in the HM deals which I believe some do, then no reason to not post them. I just don't want to be left out if something cool comes up because I never check their site.

• Members

All this bitching about what to and not to post is stupid. The bottom line is: by posting items that people think are good deals, interest and dialog gets created which also leads to discovery of competitive pricing of the same items by other users of this site. That is a good thing and what this thread is for (the exchange of information).

So, quit your bitchin'.

• Members

Has anyone owned one of these? I've been looking for an inexpensive J-bass so I'm wondering what the quality of this one is like. Nowhere can I find any specs on the body wood. I previously got a Jay Turser strat from Amazon for $25 (you might remember that deal), and with some minor work it played nicely, though in my valuation it was still only worth $100 at most. So it's hard to judge what to expect with this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Jay-Turser-Guitars-Jtb-402-bk-4-string/dp/B003XD6QAY

61%2BRpoVfOzL._AA1500_.jpg

Archived