JUNE 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

deanmass

Are you SERIOUS?! He beat me up and stole my lunch money once! He also touched my kid sister in an improper place, but I think she kinda liked that.
:idk:

If it wasn't been for the pictures I took, no one would ever have known but that's history now. Can't we all just get along??? :o

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

people! Don't forget to include $5.00 for shipping purposes.

First off I normally do not post " 'Bay " ads, but I thought this was relevant for those who were interested or on the fence regarding the Martin Strap, and I am in no way affiliated nor do I endorse this seller (who has over 25,000 sales - 99.6% positive Feedback), but on with the deal ....

Martin 18A0013 Genuine Soft Leather 2.5" Guitar Strap - Black ~ $24.99 Free Ship

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-18A0013-Genuine-Soft-Leather-2-5-Guitar-Strap-Black-/200762776184#vi-content

• Members

The Gibson limited run Melody Maker V in black is showing in sock at MF for $299. I have the Explorer and SG version of these and they are well worth the $ for an American made guitar. The bodies of these are maple. Note, the other models ( Les Paul, SG, and Explorers are in stcok as well. There were supposed to be 600 of each color for each model and then they are gone.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-limited-run-flying-v-melody-maker-electric-guitar

• Members

Anyone else find it strange that Hello Music is the only one with deals consistently worth posting?

I'm more surprised that so many people think their deals are even worth posting. I'm sure I've missed a legit deal or two that they've had, but most of what I see is pretty standard 15%-20% off of regular prices, which you can get just about anywhere more often than not.

• Members

I'm more surprised that so many people think their deals are even worth posting. I'm sure I've missed a legit deal or two that they've had, but most of what I see is pretty standard 15%-20% off of regular prices, which you can get just about anywhere more often than not.

That is what I think too. More like a appetizers than a real deal. And what king of nonsense is Hello Music anyway? The name alone reeks of offshore jibberish...

• Members

That is what I think too. More like a appetizers than a real deal. And what king of nonsense is Hello Music anyway? The name alone reeks of offshore jibberish...

Seems everything here is a basis for negativity.

Anyway, for those who might be interested--and who don't like to negotiate on the phone for a possible deal--the Jeff Beck Strat, this time in Surf Green--is available for 1299.00.

HC9CTPY7DV6HBXA0PAD3TJSTGRWH2ZH.jpg

• Members

Seems everything here is a basis for negativity.

Anyway, for those who might be interested--and who don't like to negotiate on the phone for a
possible
deal--the Jeff Beck Strat, this time in Surf Green--is available for 1299.00.

HC9CTPY7DV6HBXA0PAD3TJSTGRWH2ZH.jpg

It has nothing to do with 'negativity'. I was just pointing out that the prices (that I've seen) at Hello Music are not all that great.

The Beck Strat is a good example. With shipping it is $1317 at Hello Music. With a 15% off coupon at MF it would cost about $40 more (with a little haggling you could probably do better, but that would only be a 'possible' deal while the coupon would be a guaranteed 15% off).

Some people might prefer to pay the extra $40 to buy from an authorized dealer, be able to choose the options they want, and know their order will ship the next day at the latest. Others might not care about any of that a save the $40. Either way, the Hello Music price isn't really a significant 'deal' over what you could get elsewhere.

• Members

It has nothing to do with 'negativity'. I was just pointing out that the prices (that I've seen) at Hello Music are not all that great.

The Beck Strat is a good example. With shipping it is $1317 at Hello Music. With a 15% off coupon at MF it would cost about $40 more (with a little haggling you could probably do better, but that would only be a '
possible
' deal while the coupon would be a guaranteed 15% off).

Some people might prefer to pay the extra $40 to buy from an authorized dealer, be able to choose the options they want, and know their order will ship the next day at the latest. Others might not care about any of that a save the $40. Either way, the Hello Music price isn't really a significant 'deal' over what you could get elsewhere.

Point well taken. I didn't see your post as being as negative as the one that followed. That post seemed needlessly disparaging of the vendor.

Anyway...I can't let the protests get in the way of posting something that might help someone who is wanting to buy a guitar right away and to whom these deals--whether they be judged hot or tepid by others--could save that person 100. or 200.00.

• Members

First off I normally do not post " 'Bay " ads, but I thought this was relevant for those who were interested or on the fence regarding the Martin Strap, and I am in no way affiliated nor do I endorse this seller (who has over 25,000 sales - 99.6% positive Feedback), but on with the deal ....

Martin 18A0013 Genuine Soft Leather 2.5" Guitar Strap - Black ~ $24.99 Free Ship

Thanks, I bit...

• Members

WRT 15% off coupons, you almost always have to phone in to get it applied to Fender or Gibson. Very few work directly in your online shopping cart. With the Bain companies tightening the loop holes and no more mega blowouts like those RD Exclusives last year, HM is about the only online game in town right now.

• Members

Speaking of the "Hello Music" deals, just got an email from them offering to upgrade my order from a Kustom 5h Ministack to the Kustom 15H ministack, no extra charge, which is a pretty sweet deal. Reason being is it has been about 3 weeks since order was placed and still not delivered, so patience pays off in this case.

This is why I bristle a bit when people start disparaging them based on...well, what they base it on I do not know. I had a preamp ordered that, after a few weeks, had still not shipped and they called me (!), apologized, said they would be glad to do an upgrade if I needed a preamp badly and would ship the upgraded item overnight. If I wanted to wait (their supplier had told them it would be a couple more weeks ), the original shipping that I paid would be deducted and, also, that they would Next Day Air it.

• Members

I have ordered about 8 major things from HM. 1 I cancelled because they said it shipped and 4 ish weeks later it never had. 1 item took 3 weeks. The rest were in hsnd within a week. How they get their deals is pretty much irrelevant. They do consistently deliver compelling prices on very specific things that no obe I have seen will match, and many get pissed if I even bring up their name. They are to the major online retailers what the major online retailers were to mom and pop shops 20 years ago-change agents.

Archived