I first came to this forum...

bluesnapper

• Members

I think I first found this place because I had decided to buy a new guitar and wondered for the first time "Hmm, wonder if there are any guitar players on this internet thing?" :facepalm:

There, of course, were, and appeared to be mostly here. I bought an Agile and some 15 or so guitars later I'm still here.

I did disappear for quite awhile after the 2.0 mess - not just the switch itself (that was part of it) but . .that was all anybody was talking about, not guitars but pro/con change arguments. That, and I kind of stopped playing for a bit.

I'm back to both playing and lurking now though. Haven't seen an Agile thread in the time I've been back which is weird. And people seem to actually not laugh at Squier owners which is also weird. I've seen very few Gibson QC SUXXXXXX threads.

What are we here for again?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like many I came initially for the reviews, not even knowing there was a forum to post to. I don't remember when the review section went away but that's probably when I dug further into the site and found the forums. Still, 90% of my posts are in the for sale section.

• Members

I came here before the official join date. i started as "Jazzkatz" and decided to change my name to something less pretentious (I wasn't a real jazz cat). I joined when I started playing electrics. The "feel" of this place was different back then and I liked it better. But I think it's better now than a couple of years ago when this place was crap and I constantly felt like calling it quit.

• Members

I came here skeptically looking for advice on recording and reviews of guitars, amps, etc. Overall, the discussions are on topic and most people are very knowledgeable and are quick to answer questions.

• Members

Found this after reading gear reviews. I read a lot more than I post. Compared to some on here I know jack {censored}, I am here to learn, have a laugh and prick a few egos when I feel the need.

• Members

I think I found the forums because of HC's gear reviews, it's hard to remember. I like talking about guitars and gear, and the EG section seemed to be the least populated with non-music threads (outside of Lesson Loft). The last couple years seem to have a few more BS/troll type threads than I remember, but my memory sucks so who knows... It's a good place to hang out, most of the forumites in EG act like adults. I love the NGD threads, seeing what gear other people get, and discussing electric guitars and music. Definitely picked up a few tips and tricks over the years from this place. Haven't found any better guitar boards on the 'net!

I do go to LL quite a bit, and occasionally the Songwriter, Bass and Recording forums, but EG is the majority of my time. 55% EG, 40% LL, 5% other.

• Members

i came here because i like guitars... particularly playing them

there are certain people who rarely post and ones who have left altogether who's contributions i miss

i'm not enjoying the place as much lately... i'm not sure if it's a) the drivel... 2) i've been here too long... or 3) my latest bout of insomnia is turning me into a cranky bastard... probably a bit of all 3

as well as the interaction with people i dig... i appreciate some info i get from here... eg: hearing about the kemper profiling amp and early 80s ibanez AS50s

• Members

I had heard of this place and one day realized you could post for obscure stuff you wanted and people would say they had it and then you could buy it...that was back before when everything i wanted could be found in musicians friend....the good old days

• Members

I found this place, and browsed the user reviews, long before I started lurking the forums. I signed up in 2008 sometime. I think I spent the most time at first at the live sound forum, but HCEG has become my most frequented forum. I agree that some great posters left around the whole 2.0 silliness, and the forum has been a bit slower paced since then too. However, it's still fun and occasionally informative.

• Members

The reviews brought me here, and I lurked for a long time before signing up. Chasing the HNGDs and the GAS initially motivated me but I really got motivated after a challenge from JJ got me recording and posting music...that has kept me motivated. I do miss some that have stopped posting here, especially metalheadUK Marc...he posted some great tracks back in the day. but there are still some great folks here like Fretts, JJ, JKater, nuke-diver, Benzem and many more I am not listing

• Members

I also had been checking out the reviews when my friend told me about HCEG. Been a member since 4-27-2007 and still well under 1000 post. I don't know how you folks find the time.

My personal experiences have been very good and enriching, but I've seen things. Crazy things.

• Members

The other member who I miss having their input was Atrox. He still comes around once in a blue moon, but it's honestly very rarely.

Thank for the kind words. Yeah, I'm still here, but I got sick of arguing with people who once read a Dan Erlewine book about stuff. Seemed like people just didnt care about my real world experience and I was arguing every day. I'm not a fighter, so I just chilled out here on this specific forum. I frequent other HC forums and I come here everyday still too, but I just dont often give my input anymore. it's a different forum than it was 2/3 years ago.

• Members

I LOVE the guitar. Since I've retired from live work and mostly play at home, I don't get an opportunity to shoot the {censored} with other players too often these days. That's why I joined HC. I love reading other guys' opinions and views and discussing topics I may have an opinion on. I've never been into 'Why' a guitar sounds or plays well and being around here has been an education. My favorite threads usually deal with classic guitar songs or artists or pickup choices, my favorite gear mod. Aside from Mark Wein's forum, which gets a lot less traffic, although Elias Graves spends a lot of time there, HC is my only internet forum.

• Members

I joined when I almost died of Stevens Johnson's (man that thing was big) and I needed a distraction so I started jonesing for cheap guitars to play when I recovered (in retrospect i should have been looking at coffins, way more appropriate, thanks god). Quarter turned me on to this place. I credit that squire cv as saving my life and I guess the forum too now that I think about it.

....and yes people were less likely to

Call names by far.

• Members

I first came here to post a few reviews. I had gotten myself a Sears Nova resonator, and it looked so cool so I had to share with the world. Little did I know it was actually a POS.

I lurked for about 2 years before joining, and I joined so I could take advantage of the classifieds section. Now, I just try to contribute in small doses. I'm not a hugely active member, nor do I think people will recognize me like some others, but as long as I contribute in some small way and stay away from the useless threads, I think I'm doing OK.

Archived