I first came to this forum...

bluesnapper

• Members

I've been on the forum for a long time, although I just recently swapped user names - my old one was from 2001. I think I found the forum through the HC gear reviews, which I had found not long after I started playing when I was probably 14 or 15. I'm a serial gearhead with most of my activities, and as most of my friends don't play guitar, it's nice to talk gear, learn a bit, and share some music. I've definitely seen better periods, but generally I think HC has been what it is - gear focused, but a bit more casual/conversational than other places (sometimes it's fun to argue a bit!). My main "issue" is that I'm more interested in higher end gear and it seems like the predominant focus here is on Squiers and the like, so a decent chunk of the discussion here doesn't really interest me, but there are some good folk here and some cool threads too.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been here for a while. I visit on and off. Sometimes I post a lot, sometimes I don't post for a year.

Generally the people here are pretty cool, but there are a lot of lame-asses around here, too. I can see why this forum would turn off some folks.

• Members

OK I'm really here because the software they use for this forum makes it easy for me to hack into your PC's to steal your credit cards and do some identity thieving so I can support my GAS habit. I just take pennies from each account like R.P. in Superman... I love this place...

• Members

according to my profile page, i joined here in september 2006. but it feels like i've been here longer. i honestly don't remember why i first came here, but i do know that this was my first online forum (and six years later, i only participate in one other forum, but far less frequently). i'm sure i found this place researching gear, liked the resident knowledge and accepting nature of the community at the time and just kept showing up.

the closest i think i'll come to a soapbox speech: i think this forum had a lot of great contributors that stopped showing up as a result of the HC 2.0 upgrade debacle. there are still lots of great people who participate, so don't get me wrong, but there were some really cool characters who i'd love to see come back and start to reinject themselves into this place.

all that said, there are also newer members who have that same "spark" that some of the "old guard" had. i see a little of the old place in forumites like HoneyIsCool and maybe Skyforger. and there have always been forumites who will brag, compete, incite, annoy and struggle for relevance. many come and go. some stick around. it's usually easy to ignore and avoid. sometimes it's entertaining.

i think the saying goes "you can't step into the same river twice". change is to be embraced, and i will stick around through changes as long as this place still feels like a place to learn, share, appreciate and maybe even daydream a little.

Sums it up for me. I don't come around to much anymore and when I do I mostly just lurk or find some information on whatever I'm looking into at the moment

Archived