tedmich

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nitro was BIG until they all died of hairspray exposure

nitro_hair.jpg

Haha! That's just so sad lol.

It reminds me of my bandmate whose wife printed out some pics for our newly built band-room....mixed in were some babe pics(they were married a long time) that she'd ok'd....

The blind fucker was showing the stack of potential bandroom pics to me an the drummer and was like..."....oooh babe.." to a similiar pic......I think it was Poison?

Funny to me.

• Members

This thread makes me wonder if Rob Halford stayed in the closet all those years just to see how many goofy metalheads would follow his lead and buy their outfits at gay sex shops. I bet he never expected them to try and outshine him with makeup and Aqua Net.

• Members
This thread makes me wonder if Rob Halford stayed in the closet all those years just to see how many goofy metalheads would follow his lead and buy their outfits at gay sex shops. I bet he never expected them to try and outshine him with makeup and Aqua Net.

--------------You may not be old enough to have seen Priest in the early days, but Halford was never really a make-up guy:confused:, even in the Turbo days when they tried to do something different,and he kept his hair short most of the time, and didn't need Aqua Net. There was some serious differences between British and American L.A. Styles of dress, and for the majority of their career, Halford and Priest were stoutly British in their black leather motorcycle wear:thu:. There is a serious misconception also here when you mention Halford being in the closet. Perhaps the guy who was reading Creem and Rip magazines didn't know about Halford's life style:eek:, but the industry SURE knew about it:rolleyes:. The entire Rock Press, his band, their entire road crew as well as some well-connected fans all knew, and despite it, nobody ever really wanted to "out" him. He was well respected and liked by most, and people just allowed him to live as he chose. This was proven when he eventually did come out, and his position in the Rock world really didn't change.....................The REAL Rocker.

• Members

--------------You may not be old enough to have seen Priest in the early days, but Halford was never really a make-up guy:confused:, even in the Turbo days when they tried to do something different,and he kept his hair short most of the time, and didn't need Aqua Net. There was some serious differences between British and American L.A. Styles of dress, and for the majority of their career, Halford and Priest were stoutly British in their black leather motorcycle wear:thu:. There is a serious misconception also here when you mention Halford being in the closet. Perhaps the guy who was reading Creem and Rip magazines didn't know about Halford's life style:eek:, but the industry SURE knew about it:rolleyes:. The entire Rock Press, his band, their entire road crew as well as some well-connected fans all knew, and despite it, nobody ever really wanted to "out" him. He was well respected and liked by most, and people just allowed him to live as he chose. This was proven when he eventually did come out, and his position in the Rock world really didn't change.....................The REAL Rocker.

there was a guy around here a while ago who swore Rob had lot of chicks on tour and the gay was all an act...

But the SoCal metal boyz were just acting like the peroxide bimbos they were used to... its was really mimicry to get closer to the poontang for the straight ones!

MichaelMonroe_Wall_08.jpg

"Can I borrow your lip gloss babe, I've got a show!"

and who was signing them? David Geffen?...hmmmmm

• Members

First person I thought of was the singer from Nitro; Jim Gillette. I was looking up Lita Ford a while back and never knew but she married the dude which seems like a weird match. Then a turn for the worse events where Gillette and his teen age son attacked her verbally or physically. The guy seems like a creep and a loser. Why she ever went for the guy is beyond me. His music sucked to be honest as well. Typical 80s piseur

• Members

That Fred Coury dude that was the drummer, sure looks like George Costanza from Seinfeld here.

george_costanza006.jpg

A younger Jason Alexander without glasses is where they both look related:

georgecostanza.jpg

he did go BIG!

cinderella512.jpg
in some ways......... ....^ smaller in others!

• Members

there was a guy around here a while ago who swore Rob had lot of chicks on tour and the gay was all an act...

Sounds like he kind of misunderstood the idea of being "in the closet." Unless of course he means now, and not 25 years agoi.

• Members

First person I thought of was the singer from Nitro; Jim Gillette. I was looking up Lita Ford a while back and never knew but she married the dude which seems like a weird match. Then a turn for the worse events where Gillette and his teen age son attacked her verbally or physically. The guy seems like a creep and a loser. Why she ever went for the guy is beyond me. His music sucked to be honest as well. Typical 80s piseur

Yeah, there's a quote from a recent Guitar Player which talked about how she got out of that marriage with only the shirt on her back and was happy to do so. The story about her teenage sons physically assaulting her, with Jim Gillette's encouragement, made Wikipedia. If that's true, that makes ol' Jimmy a major, major douchebag. Few things are scummier than a man who assaults women.

EDIT: On the other other, it looks like neither of Lita Ford's marriages have ended well, nor her engagement to Tony Iommi.

• Members

Yeah, there's a quote from a recent
Guitar Player
which talked about how she got out of that marriage with only the shirt on her back and was happy to do so. The story about her teenage sons physically assaulting her, with Jim Gillette's encouragement, made Wikipedia. If that's true, that makes ol' Jimmy a major, major douchebag. Few things are scummier than a man who assaults women.

EDIT: On the other other, it looks like neither of Lita Ford's marriages have ended well, nor her engagement to Tony Iommi.

She knows how to pick winners... for certain.

[video=youtube;6qKlZELdJh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qKlZELdJh8

• Members

But the SoCal metal boyz were just acting like the peroxide bimbos they were used to... its was really mimicry to get closer to the poontang for the straight ones!

MichaelMonroe_Wall_08.jpg

"Can I borrow your lip gloss babe, I've got a show!"

and who was signing them? David Geffen?...hmmmmm

------------------These guys in the make-up and sky-high hair got more and BETTER poon than all the so-called All-American looking guys out there at the time, and it was never ending poon at that:thu:. It was one of the MAJOR reasons all the music reviewer guys HATED bands with these looks, cause they all pulled tons of ass and people who didn't like this music couldn't understand why:facepalm:. If you saw Poison or Bon Jovi or Ratt back in the day, there was so many women there looking to get laid:p, and those guys threw chicks away like they were free and never ending, and they were. If you didn't like the music and "look" from back then, cool, but you are either ignorant of the scene then, or just a plain "HATER", If ya think those guys were sissies who didn't get life-changing poon.......................The REAL Rocker.

• Members
------------------These guys in the make-up and sky-high hair got more and BETTER poon than all the so-called All-American looking guys out there at the time, and it was never ending poon at that:thu:. It was one of the MAJOR reasons all the music reviewer guys HATED bands with these looks, cause they all pulled tons of ass and people who didn't like this music couldn't understand why:facepalm:. If you saw Poison or Bon Jovi or Ratt back in the day, there was so many women there looking to get laid:p, and those guys threw chicks away like they were free and never ending, and they were. If you didn't like the music and "look" from back then, cool, but you are either ignorant of the scene then, or just a plain "HATER", If ya think those guys were sissies who didn't get life-changing poon.......................The REAL Rocker.

Not quite the full picture. This was before people were afraid of AIDS. AIDS single handedly killed the sexual revolution.

• Members
Not quite the full picture. This was before people were afraid of AIDS. AIDS single handedly killed the sexual revolution.

--------Aids screwed the scene up, but only for a few years:eek:. If anything, more people started using condoms:lol:. The alternative/grunge scene did more damage in the American rock scene and its groupie circles with it's whole "meaningful relationship" vibe:confused::lol:, and the sexual revolution went on, just with people not admitting to what they were doing behind closed doors anymore(the whole grunge/alternative scene had the same drugs, the same games and the same groupie one night stands, just with everyone denying it:facepalm:). By the time Nu-metal came around, things were right back to where they had been before Aids:lol:. Even today, things are going on, and even the original Aids pioneers/doctors/activists are frustrated, because people are doing what they want to do, REGARDLESS of risk just like the days before the panic...............The REAL Rocker.

Archived