Sky Les Paul

fuzztone

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me too but I have also played some nice cheap ones.

As far as new stuff goes, I've played more than one excellent US$150 Squier Affinity Tele, but I've yet to play a good US$150 set-in neck carved top Les Paul-ish guitar. Stagg, Arbor, and some others in this bottom feeder LP category come to mind. The wood is soft enough to dent with your thumbnail without much effort. Yech.

The Sky, however, looks nicer than a Stagg or Arbor. Maybe these are loss leaders or liquidations? The headstock shape looks to be a violation of Gibson's "open book style" trademarked shape.

• Members

I'm genuinely glad you like it. Really, I am.

But I remember that sparkle Ric your mom bought you which you swore you'd never give up. Or any of the other 317 guitars you've had since the Obama Administration began.

Oh, I kid, I kid. I just like busting your plums, friend.

But seriously, though. What's up with the parallel bridge? How's that gonna work out?

• Members

Looks real decent :cool:

Color's a bit bright for me but that's a personal taste thing. Feel good? Sound good? Any other QC-type issues other interested parties might find helpful? Sounds like a helluva deal.

• Members

best $139 dollars I ever spent...

I'd agree, especially for $139. If it's fully ready to go as is, it would be a great guitar for practice gigs and bashing about town without worrying about losing a high $$$ geetar to an accident or a thief.

• Members

Thanks! Yes,the tuners say Golden.The intonation is correct,the frets are good,neck is straight and the action is low. Even the stock pickups sound good enough to keep. Can't find anything I don't like about this guitar.

DSCF3505-1-1.jpg

Well damn, might be worth snagging one for $139. Do you have a link to it on ebay or was it a single item auction?

• Members

Archived