Sky Les Paul

fuzztone

• Members

Congrats Fuzzy! Does it appear to be alder, as advertised? Or basswood like somebody's relative apparently got?

I'm fortunate to have a couple Gibby LPs so I don't have a dog in this hunt, but if I were looking basswood would probably be a deal killer for me. I do have a couple cheapie guitars made of it, but one was only $60 (a Turser Stingray bass copy) and the other (a Frankentele, with a Seymour Duncan mini-HB in the neck that's probably worth at least half what I paid for the entire guitar) I bought to help out a bud who was low on cash. I avoid it if possible. ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow I remember Rico!

MYINVESTIGATORPIC.jpg

5150-KAT-JEWELS-10037.jpg

Rico wasn't a Hoddy alt? For some reason I had that in my head. Or was it that he got so angry about being accused of being a Hoddy alt that he posted those photos and went off on one about how he was a Marshall or a bounty hunter or something? I seem to remember him having been kind of an ass.

• Members

Thanks! It's like Lee Ranaldo's Fernandes strat.

gtr31k.jpg

Do you think I should geta Gibson style TRC for this guitar?

$%28KGrHqUOKogE6e3W3seHBOv7TCQSog~~60_12

DSCF3497-1.jpg101_1167-1.jpgDSCF3502-1-1-1.jpg101_2042-1-1.jpg

I want to get a Gibson style TRC for this guitar

$%28KGrHqUOKogE6e3W3seHBOv7TCQSog~~60_12

Gibson used a 3 hole TRC on some acoustic guitars made in Canada

e3d5869a-e063-43e9-b6df-e94e5abbe9e4.jpg

Gibson_Canadian%20Acoustic.jpg

• Members

Doesn't sound like such an absurd concept. There's a guy on my local CL selling three of those Gladiator LP knock-offs that popped up for a while a short time ago and were quickly shut down. Buddy's asking $650 each for them and they don't even have the correct headstock shape.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Show pickup cavities if you could

thinking of getting one of these maybe

looks like an Epi that didn't get out the door!

If that's an actual flame veneer and it's a decent body (does it have any weight or is it balsa wood light?)

that's just perfect for me cause I like experimenting and this could be a great project to manage my rookie soldering skills on

Archived