Screw the haters, I like my Mastery Bridge a lot.

honeyiscool

• Members

I have a few electrics right now. Of all my guitars, though, my tiny 6 pound basswood shortscale Mustang gets the loudest and the best unplugged tone of all of them and gets awesome sustain, too. And two of my other guitars are semi-hollowbody, but none of them get unplugged volume like my Mustang. I have no clue if the Mastery Bridge has anything to do with it but I do know that I had some minor issues with the guitar with the stock bridge and have none now.

So yeah, they're worth the money. My only wish is that they made a Tune-O-Matic, too. I get sick of Tune-O-Matics and their built-in radii and overall crapola quality. I use the aluminu GraphTech Tune-O-Matic bridges and they're pretty good but I'd spend $150 for a Mastery Tune-O-Matic.

Why does unplugged volume matter?

• Members

And this piece of artistry and engineering excellence on my 5120.

If you got a floating bridge and a Bigsby, its required equipment in my opinion

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdyuYlwOnz1-_SdD1NQq-

Ah, good ol' Compton Compensated. I'm a Mastery fan, but my Cobain Mustang came with a TOM-style bridge which is neat and all, except for 3 things:

1) It's a cheap TOM clone and rattles like a mofo. Bridge noise like a JM bridge.

2) It's radiused for a 9.5" fretboard and my Mustang was 7.25".

3) The notched saddles bind more than Mustang saddles do, so using the trem with this kind of bridge is a great way to put the guitar right out of tune.

To solve all that, I had a Compton made for the Mustang. I emailed them and they made one with a 7.25" radius for me. Before:

d7SAQt.jpg

After:

nxMiAt.jpg

As you might notice, I also blocked the trem. I have another Mustang with a traditional rocking Mustang bridge, and the trem works absolutely killer on that.

• Members

Ah, good ol' Compton Compensated. I'm a Mastery fan, but my Cobain Mustang came with a TOM-style bridge which is neat and all, except for 3 things:

1) It's a cheap TOM clone and rattles like a mofo. Bridge noise like a JM bridge.

2) It's radiused for a 9.5" fretboard and my Mustang was 7.25".

3) The notched saddles bind more than Mustang saddles do, so using the trem with this kind of bridge is a great way to put the guitar right out of tune.

To solve all that, I had a Compton made for the Mustang. I emailed them and they made one with a 7.25" radius for me. Before:

d7SAQt.jpg

After:

nxMiAt.jpg

As you might notice, I also blocked the trem. I have another Mustang with a traditional rocking Mustang bridge, and the trem works absolutely killer on that.

I've got two Comptons. They're great bridges.

• Members

Are we talking tone here or just a replacement because the original was mechanically badly designed and does not 'work'?

Designing a bridge can't be THAT hard surely. Why would major manufacturers get it wrong? Is it only manufacturing costs?

Archived