forumites face-to-face?

GreatDane

• Members

I've met a few folks from HCEG.

Here's Aenemated and I at the Mandalay Bay in Vegas:

photo.jpg

Here's me and JJ Pistols in Austin, Texas:

IMG_1793-1.jpg

I've also met Doctor49 (Robert) in Thailand, Puckman (Dean) when he and his lady were visiting NYC, and Mazibee (I bought an amp from him) but I don't think I have any pictures... I think that's about it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i've only met two face to face, silverring233 and zemmy , RIP big guy:cry:... it included some impromptu, not very good jamming and pizza with monkey balls:lol:

left to right: diceman1000, zemmy, silverring233

i do talk to a few guys on a regular basis on the phone though. i talk to Rose Pickups and silverring233 quite a bit and Elias graves, jelloman, and New Builder ocasionally...

• Moderators

I've hun n broken bread with The Shaar Murray, keep in close contact and speak with Al (aka Frets99)

Would like to meet Marc (MHUK), Trent (aenamated), AJ Coholic, Tom (tlbonehead), Wyatt, JJ and I suspect that before long I'll be visitin Mass to call in on Mr Fretsy.

Some builders I'd like to hook up with, Brian Mason, Texas Noise, MahaloVision, ihavenofish.

I love a whole lot more of ya, and some of ya I'd cross the street to avoid:)

• Members

lots of get togethers and meet-ups~ glad to see how many of us there are making it happen. i've had the good fortune to meet _pete_, guitarheel and special J. i had hoped to meet up with vcnyls a couple months ago, but the scheduling didn't work out. there's a bunch of folks i hope to shake hands with in this life.

• Members

I've met a few folks from HCEG.

Here's Aenemated and I at the Mandalay Bay in Vegas:

I've also met Doctor49 (Robert) in Thailand,

Strangely enough I met a guy called Joshua who looks a lot like Vcnyls

I would post a pic but all my HCEG pics have strangely disappeared.

Oh and I got some DNA from Aenemated too.

On a guitar I bought from him, you weirdos.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jkater

View Post

You met Scott?! eek.gif I remember you guys were buddies here back in the days.

Yeah, one of his bands played here at Buddy Guy's in Chicago (they were badass) so my wife I met him there. Then there was another time he came out this way to see Holdsworth play and that time we got sit down and play a little. Scott's a great guy, great musician, great Dad. You know, just another cat trying to make it in a tough world just like the rest of us.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess

View Post

Yeah, one of his bands played here at Buddy Guy's in Chicago (they were badass) so my wife I met him there. Then there was another time he came out this way to see Holdsworth play and that time we got sit down and play a little. Scott's a great guy, great musician, great Dad. You know, just another cat trying to make it in a tough world just like the rest of us.

As thoroughly impressed as i was by him as a musician, it was his humanity that impressed me the most.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son

View Post

I've met one, Shovelhead, who doesn't hang out here anymore. I saw a couple of his old bands play, and then I met him again about 7 years later for a CL sale.

Shovelhead is greatly missed around here. He did some killer refins, too.

• Members

Met CSM and Marc (MHUK) as Charles noted, at a Crosstown Lightning gig a couple of years back (wish I could have made a few more).

Went to a couple of ampfests and met a bunch of guys, Bighair (Mark) Mr.5150, Aspect, Dave (handle escapes me) and a number of others.

Here's a pic from the fest at Matamp

Fest1.jpg

And here's one from the studio of Bighair/Mr.5150 with Mr.5150 playing.

Mr515001.jpg

I still have Dave's Madamp J5 (sat 12 feet away) that I rebuilt, but we lost contact and I've not been able to return it yet.

Archived