forumites face-to-face?

GreatDane

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Jkater View Post
I like him. He doesn't come here often anymore.

Aye, he sadly doesn't post as he used to.

Really fun to be around and is a seriously generous fellow, and knowing him a good 7 years on now he's pretty much the brother I never had. Tracks random drones at will, so now that he's living not too far from Seoul I'll probably have him play some delightfully warbling mess on our next album.

• Members

Prages (and Mrs P). They were in town to dive some of our world-famous springs. We had dinner, they had to get in early for diving the next day. Pic of me and Prages:

pragesandbkeditsmaller.jpg

Chairborne is/was a member of Roach Motel, and I used to know a couple of his bandmates back in the day, and my first band (the Atomics) had gigged with them back in the early '80's (though apparently not when he was in the band), so Crash Pad played middle support for RM on the Gainesville stops of their two reunion tours. For one of those I lent him an amp to play bass through (in pic below). He's a good guy, and a little crazy. Oddly, I don't have a pic of us together. Here's a pic of him w/Roach Motel, from one of those GNV reunion shows:

roachmotelfeature2.jpg

Also bbreaker. He and his Mrs. were in Florida for some conference she was going to, several years ago, and Lou drove up to GNV for an evening of jamming with a side band I was in then, Hoyt and the Hotheads. Here's us:

LouBK.jpg

All totally swell people! Good times.

And a bunch of people, a number of whom used to be here but mostly who migrated to another board, when that other forum had a 3-day meet/guitar pull/party up in Georgia 3 years ago or so. Here's a couple pics from that (in the second one I'm "singing" with Smurfco, who still posts here):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_4WotTfG77S-vquZTRicimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdmlfBWPV_beIDazWkDpR

Also, since I saw a few telephone convos in this thread, I've spoken with Laura (Guitargasm) a few times, and Charles (Chucky B/Chuck With A Truck) a few times too.

• Members

Sadly none. There are several folks on here that I would love to meet and get a free lesson from biggrin.gif. Unfortunately there is generally a lot of water between me and them. Maybe one day (though my wife would think it's weird to meet someone that you know only through the internet...she's old fashion that way)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nuke_diver

View Post

Sadly none. There are several folks on here that I would love to meet and get a free lesson from biggrin.gif. Unfortunately there is generally a lot of water between me and them. Maybe one day (though my wife would think it's weird to meet someone that you know only through the internet...she's old fashion that way)

I've always had great experiences doing this. It does seem kind of odd, but most people turn out very much like you would expect them to be.

• Members

I've only met two.

headless sold me a bunch a luthery tools and other geetar odds n ends before he moved back to So Cal. He's a very nice guy. We didn't jam or anything, but had a pleasant visit as he gave me a "tour" of the boxed up wares I was taking possession of.

NorCalGIT R Bryan generously invited me up to install the pickups I'd ordered from his BG Pups. I saw & heard many of his pickups and guitars along with the mad science lab where his pickups come to life! He must have gotten a half dozen calls during my visit. It's no wonder it takes him time to fill those custom orders, but I can confirm he's as nice in person as he is online. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad

View Post

I've always had great experiences doing this. It does seem kind of odd, but most people turn out very much like you would expect them to be.

Yeah I know, but my wife doesn't see things that way even though one of my best friends (that she now knows and likes) was met that way.

• Members

I have met Bbreaker, Lou, when he was vacationing near me. We spent an afternoon checking out the local music stores. I met and hung out with adlo76, Adam, a summer ago in Nashville at NAMM and checked out a few players on the strip.

I also met a few forumites at guitar shows like Joe, forgot his username, and Bruce Bennett.

I've talked on the phone with Mike Fiasco, dcindc, Zemmy (RIP), EG, Guitar Heel, DaveAronow, Rooster and Alley Trash.

And I feel like I know everyone in OMG since we have been busting each others chops for years.

Archived