craigslist...sellers remorse...what would you do...

toneforhire

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i would never gulit trip someone into selling stuff back to me I sold.

either would I,,,there was NO guilt involved...it made me feel good doing what I did...If I was ever in his situation, I would greatly appreciate someone holding onto a couple guits for me until I get back on my feet...

• Members
I talked a bit more with him...he is definitely having finance problems...barely making the mortgage, no real job...he has wife and 4 kids...all the kids are in private school...

I told him I could do 2 things...sell the guitars back to him NOW, for the exact amount I bought them...or I promised to sell them back when he is back on his feet...the dude started crying and loved the idea of buying them back once he is back to fulltime work...he is laid off but expected to be called back in the fall...

I felt REALLY good about this...I will take great care of them, and he will get them back set up and with new strings LOL...

I also called a few buds to see if they could use a carpenter/builder tradesman, maybe turn this guy onto a job...

'at a boy! :thu:

• Members

Karma is bull{censored}. Nothing more than superstition.

The punishment is in the crime. The moment one steals, one become a thief, and that is punishment in and of itself. The moment one does good, he is rewarded with the knowledge of being a good person.

That is Karma, is means "Action" and we each have our own storehouse of past actions that determine who we are today.

You can deny Karma all you like, but it is at your own folly. :thu:

• Members

The punishment is in the crime. The moment one steals, one become a thief, and that is punishment in and of itself. The moment one does good, he is rewarded with the knowledge of being a good person.

That is Karma, is means "Action" and we each have our own storehouse of past actions that determine who we are today.

You can deny Karma all you like, but it is at your own folly.
:thu:

It_Shoots_Further_Than_He_Dreams.jpg

Many Western cultures have notions similar to karma, as demonstrated in the phrases "what goes around comes around". Christian expressions similar to karma include one reaps what one sows (Galatians 6:7), violence begets violence and live by the sword, die by the sword. In Hinduism, God plays a role and is seen as a dispenser of its version of karma. The non-interventionist view is that of Jainism and Buddhism, the latter originally a non-theist religion.

The modern view of karma, devoid of any spiritual exigencies, obviates the need for an acceptance of reincarnation in Judeochristian societies and attempts to portray karma as a universal psychological phenomenon which behaves predictably, like other physical forces such as gravity.

Sakyong Mipham eloquently summed this up when he said;

"Like gravity, karma is so basic we often don't even notice it."

Jung once opined on unresolved emotions and the synchronicity of karma;

"When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate."

• Members

You have no obligation to sell them back to him whatsoever. His financial problems are not yours. That said, if you don't particularly care for the guitars and would rather have your money back than have them, do the guy a favor. Otherwise I'd keep them, he has no more right to gettin them back than first center would after selling you an instrument

• Members

I read some of the responses here and wonder how the posters might feel if someone else tried to exploit and/or take advantage of a painful situation in which they find themselves. Honestly, I hope you find some empathy to balance the manic self-interest.

Come on now, the situation wasn't known and it was a legitimate deal. Calling people dishonest because they would pay a guy a price and consider the deal done reeks of misplaced judgement.

With that said, good on him for doing a good thing.

• Members

Answered a craigslist add for "guitars for sale"

"sorry, I love these guitars, you made the deal, its done"...

Is what I would do.

You paid for them they are yours and you owe him no sympathy.

a simple explanation could sum it up

"Sorry buddy, you sold them fair and square and there's no way I'm giving them up."

He was sure when the sale was done. I would simply kindly remind him of it and move on.

• Members
Karma, kittens, hugs, tears...jeez. Someone says they paid the asking price and consider the deal finished, and the next thing you know they are being called morally bankrupt.

This should finish it off.

Cornify_Sketch02_square.jpg

I guess i am not a good person but my feeling is this guy is a flake . I would have been happy that the first deal went through okay and have to leave it at that. CL can be such a sewer.

• Members

Is what I would do.

You paid for them they are yours and
you owe him no sympathy

a simple explanation could sum it up

"Sorry buddy, you sold them fair and square and there's no way I'm giving them up."

He was sure when the sale was done.
I would simply kindly remind him of it and move on.

Even though the OP owed the seller "no sympathy" he still chose a true act of kindness as his response to the situation.

• Members

You are gentleman for sure but the whole deal sounds shabby..

When I worked at my last factory job, people with mutiple kids always whined about how hard it was to make it. I always said "If you can't afford to feed them, don't breed them." They looked as if I was an asshole, but that's just what I believe. I think you should take responsibility for your actions or know better in the first place. These are the same people that smile whenever they get that healthy tax check at the first of the year ...

Back in 2008, I lost my job and lost my '85 Custom Shop Explorer in pawn. I regretted it and still do, but I didn't go back for it because I didn't have the means to (funding).. Life sucks so bad sometimes and we have to suck it up and live with our decisions on a daily basis. If that means selling something to get by..then so be it.

• Members

Looks like this thread has turned into some kind of touchy feely man-hugging cluster{censored}.
:freak:
What a mess.

:lol:

I mean come on... the guy still has his Marshall and an LP... and now the OP is going to pamper these guitars for a couple months until the guy can buy them back. Sounds like a lot of trouble to me.

Archived