Most ridiculous guitar(s) you cant stand that everyone else seems to love?

LynchProtoge

• Members

Cabronitas. Why is this guitar all the rage? I mean, i got nothing against that style of git or teles, but aren't there some $1500+ models out there? WTF? The cost on one of these things has to be like $7. "yeah, we put a humbucker with an ornate metal cover in it, we charge all this friggin' money for it. Sometimes, we scratch it up a little, and charge even more." And they're usually solid colors so you probably got some 34 piece bodies going on too. I am betting I couldn't tell the difference between a Squire version and the expensive ones both played through a decent amp seeing as the concept is trying to imitate a cheap guitar in the first place.

Here's a >$5000 version. I put 125 in my shopping cart.

http://www.jr.com/fender/pe/FEN_0140072300/

Sorry to vent...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog

View Post

I've always had a desire to get a gibson flying V, just never pulled the trigger. Yes, they're pointy, but I love the look. Not so much a fan of the shredder style offset V's, but one of these...

albertking580.jpg

I actually really like the Epi Korina Flying V for that reason. Two of my 3 Vs are Epi Korina Vs, one with HBs and one with P-90s. The build of the body wood give them more depth than the Gibson Vs I've owned. I sent one Gibson Faded V back (even though the price was excellent, i.e. under $480) - just couldn't bond with its tone; and I kept one anniversary edition Gibson V with a '57/'57+ combo. Although the tone is more complex on that Gibson, I still gravitate towards the sound of the Epi Korina Vs since they are more of a natural for a bluesy tone. The typical Epi HB tone actually adds a bit more body to the tone compensating for the inherent lack of body in the design of a V.

I just don't care them for my lazy-boy chair performances. wink.gif

• Members

All of them except strats and superstrats.. and shredder strats.. there is a certain theme here.

I do like LP shape to look at, not so much to play.. the tones are good tho.. I'd like a blue one at some point.

The main ones I dislike are BC Warlocks, or V's or other silly shapes.. explorers are pretty cool though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by w00dsy

View Post

awful looking, i'm sure they play ok.

ok, it's just that i've heard some really bad things about deans. i can't remember why. here in the uk you pretty much never see deans, ever. so i can't speak from personal deansperience

Archived