Most ridiculous guitar(s) you cant stand that everyone else seems to love?

LynchProtoge

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by joecool1963 View Post
Not for me to troll on something others find pleasing...play what you like and enjoy it. Filter the bull{censored} of the naysayers out of the equation

Its all in good fun man - no serious musician would really impugn someone elses gear with sincerity.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by joecool1963 View Post
Not for me to troll on something others find pleasing...play what you like and enjoy it. Filter the bull{censored} of the naysayers out of the equation

Its all in good fun man - no serious musician would really impugn someone elses gear with sincerity.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GREC View Post
Those neon pink/green etc Steve Vai Ibanez guitars with a handle.
I am not a strat lover but I sort of like the Steve Vai one in white. I think it's actually the handle that I like since it sets it apart from the run of the mill style strat.

Here are guitars I wouldn't own.

Regular strats as I mentioned above.
SG
Flying V
Anything that's pointy
Anything green, bright yellow, orange or blue.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GREC View Post
Those neon pink/green etc Steve Vai Ibanez guitars with a handle.
I am not a strat lover but I sort of like the Steve Vai one in white. I think it's actually the handle that I like since it sets it apart from the run of the mill style strat.

Here are guitars I wouldn't own.

Regular strats as I mentioned above.
SG
Flying V
Anything that's pointy
Anything green, bright yellow, orange or blue.

• Members

The retro looking things coming out that look like the cheap Japanese guitars from the 60s. Ugly as a kettle of home made {censored}. I have a friend that has one with four single coil pickups and sixteen knobs. He loves it, and plays the hell out of it.

• Members

Totaly pointless if you`ll excuse the pun

manoward.jpg

Gross. The middle one kind of looks like an extreme take on a Burns Scorpion, which I also hate...as for the classic V above...despite my disdain for V's, I'd give an old korina model a chance...

• Members

Closest I can think of is I'm really not a big fan of Flying V's, but it's not like everyone else loves them. And I don't -hate- them, I just find them uncomfortable to play. Same for offset V's. I like explorers, I like LPs, I like teles, I like SGs (a bit less, but still), I like (super)strats. Not huge on Fender strats but my soon-to-be brother-in-law has an American strat that plays really nicely, even if I wouldn't buy one myself.

Edit: Actually, on second thought. Everyone here adores the Agile LP copies but I think they look absolutely awful with the narrow waists. So there. I hate those.

• Members

Edit: Actually, on second thought. Everyone here adores the Agile LP copies but I think they look absolutely awful with the narrow waists. So there. I hate those.

OMFG!!!! NO. EFFING. WAY. Can someone ban this guy, PLEASE?!?!?

:D

• Members

I tend to dislike "pretty" guitfiddles. Anything with a transparent finish on flamed maple top is a put off

PRS guitars. Are you a Les Paul or are you a strat? MAKE YOUR MIND UP. And fugly headstock.

I find that heritage cherry sunburst you get on most Les Pauls pretty ugly (you know, the Jimmy Page style)

Archived