Most ridiculous guitar(s) you cant stand that everyone else seems to love?

LynchProtoge

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Elessar [sly] View Post
Actually I'm not a fan of Les Paul gold tops either.
We had an Epiphone Gold Top LP & an red Ibanaez Road Series Strat look number as a school band guitar in the early 80's.
As a 14 year old 60 lb in the wind kid, the LP was to heavy, & I thought they were terrible.

Now? Loving the Epi LP, so maybe it's just tryeverything all the time!

Swap,try, like, dislike, buy, sell,trade, muck around & just enjoy.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bzrkrage View Post
We had an Epiphone Gold Top LP & an red Ibanaez Road Series Strat look number as a school band guitar in the early 80's.
As a 14 year old 60 lb in the wind kid, the LP was to heavy, & I thought they were terrible.

Now? Loving the Epi LP, so maybe it's just tryeverything all the time!

Swap,try, like, dislike, buy, sell,trade, muck around & just enjoy.
I've always loved Les Pauls, just not the gold tops.

• Members

Pointy guitars, Headstock-less guitars. Steinbergers just seem....wrong. Not a fan of LPs, either, but that has to do with my back more than anything else. I also have yet to play one that has yielded a 'EUREKA!' moment. Flying Vs, because, more often than not, I play sitting down, and I can't imagine one of those being comfortable to play sitting down.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bsman View Post
These:

JEM77FP2.gif

To me, the Jems are just every sort of wrong packaged up in a package with enough glitz to not be out of place on a Ru Paul stage show...

Man those guitars are full of win! Not a huge fan of floyds, but still sweet none the less.

• Members

I think everyone I have an issue with has already been listed; Iceman, most BC Rich models except the Mockingbird, Dimebag Dean's and Vai's handle guitars. These have been mentioned as well, but I'll single them out since they are such popular guitars, Fender Stratocasters and Gibson SG's. I just never liked the looks of them. I actually tried playing a faded SG that was on clearance that sounded and played great, but I couldn't bring myself to buy it because of the looks. I could not picture myself with that guitar.

I do have to stand up for the Flying V's. I love my EPI Korina V and will likely add another V to the fold someday. Can anyone say Grace Potter tribute V?

Archived