DEC 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The $180 price tag doesn't make sense at all. It's just a distortion pedal, even if one that people say is nice. It's priced at $100 in some places, by the way, which is still expensive. But maybe that's okay because you have "custom shop" and "analog" printed on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann

View Post

For $19, you can't even squeeze into a Behringer. :redface.gifuch::

Would be nice finding an HB01 for $19.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by eeddings

View Post

Very interesting! This Amazon listing is through SamAsh and these were listed as "SORRY SOLD OUT" on the SamAsh Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals page when they were running them at $39.99.

Got mine(Zakk Wylde Phaser) and tried it out tonight...................BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check

View Post

Probably where the last H-C sys admin went after he got fired. icon_lol.gif

In any case, ZZ's back online now... http://www.zzounds.com/

Not completely. They still can't do price matches either thru their website or over the phone. Their internal is still down. Frustrating because I've been trying to get them to do a match for the last 3 days. frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by steve_man

View Post

amazing...who even knew that Akai (an old 80's stereo company) even made pedals? Now, we have people falling all over themselves to get a "deal" on a pedal no one would have sneezed at a week ago. This is as bad as black Friday at Walmart...facepalm.gif

This cracked me up cuz I was thinking the exact same thing. I had to stop myself from ordering one just to get such an excellent deal, but I certainly don't need another distortion pedal biggrin.gif Oh well, maybe they'll end up being amazing...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

This cracked me up cuz I was thinking the exact same thing. I had to stop myself from ordering one just to get such an excellent deal, but I certainly don't need another distortion pedal biggrin.gif Oh well, maybe they'll end up being amazing...

As mentioned earlier, these Akais (and GFS pedals) are biyang relabeled pedals. They are as good as they can be for a non-boutique pedal. Of course, they are not worth $179 but at $19 (or even at $49), it's a great deal.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LOLRECONLOL

View Post

Showing $99.. Nevermind, 39 in cart. Is this any good?

If you have an iPhone, you're better off buying AmpKit or Amplitube, either of which has much better sound and more recording capability than this. If not, then it is a handy thing to have for the price, realizing that the modeling is several generations behind the current state of play. FYI, this is another refurb, i.e. not new, deal.

• Members

View Post

If I was a betting man, I don't see these kicking any dirtboxes off a good pedalboard. If they were amazing pedals, we would have heard about them by now. I would prefer not to pay $19 to test drive a pedal and throw it in a drawer.

I just paid $25 to ship back a Gibson Melody Maker. That was an expensive test drive. I hate this forumthumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by illinismitty

View Post

If I was a betting man, I don't see these kicking any dirtboxes off a good pedalboard. If they were amazing pedals, we would have heard about them by now. I would prefer not to pay $19 to test drive a pedal and throw it in a drawer.

I just paid $25 to ship back a Gibson Melody Maker. That was an expensive test drive. I hate this forumthumb.gif

They could be the next Bad Monkey smile.gif (anyone besides me remember those?)...not flaming, my Bad Monkey is one of my favorite pedals. As for the Gibson, why didn't you just go test drive one at the factory? biggrin.gif

• Members

View Post

They could be the next Bad Monkey smile.gif (anyone besides me remember those?)...not flaming, my Bad Monkey is one of my favorite pedals. As for the Gibson, why didn't you just go test drive one at the factory? biggrin.gif

Bad Monkeys? It lives on my pedalboard. I love it!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pinyowat

View Post

As mentioned earlier, these Akais (and GFS pedals) are biyang relabeled pedals. They are as good as they can be for a non-boutique pedal. Of course, they are not worth $179 but at $19 (or even at $49), it's a great deal.

OMG! I had no idea!!! Why the eff didn't someone tell me they're biyang pedals?!?! Now I feel like an idiot frown.gif

(wtf is a "biyang" pedal?) biggrin.gif

Archived