DEC 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

They could be the next Bad Monkey smile.gif (anyone besides me remember those?)...not flaming, my Bad Monkey is one of my favorite pedals. As for the Gibson, why didn't you just go test drive one at the factory? biggrin.gif

Because all the baked maple boards are all shipped out. They have their rosewood back. I just had to hear the extreme tonal difference for myself.

Ok. I am lying. Impulse buy.tongue.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by illinismitty

View Post

Ok. I am lying. Impulse buy.tongue.gif

You should've impulsively bought an Akai pedal, too, apparently biggrin.gif

Not alot, but current Zzounds coupon code: FROSTY2012 for 10% off...it works on Gretsch, at least...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead99

View Post

In Amazon they have some Biyang pedals,looks most sell in the 50-60- range and in general get good reviews.

They deal through a handful of small shops in the USA but keep a low profile. There are also some European dealers selling Biyang on American eBay. I once asked on another forum if Biyang had a NYC dealer and their online rep gave me some really nasty reply about how Biyang will never have a dealer in NYC. There

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

^^^^not my style, but that Redline is a SWEET guitar! (especially at $300)

Ditto! I'm not a shredder or anything but I've played a few Godins and they're great guitars. Now this would be a deal worth a call to MF for the 150% price match!

• Members

View Post

I just paid $25 to ship back a Gibson Melody Maker. That was an expensive test drive. I hate this forumthumb.gif

I also hate this place. Does it really save any of us money? Or does it, in the end, make all of us poorer?

• Members

View Post

I just paid $25 to ship back a Gibson Melody Maker. That was an expensive test drive. I hate this forumthumb.gif

Surely you could have cited some legitimate flaw or expectation not met and asked for a prepaid shipping label? idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy

View Post

Surely you could have cited some legitimate flaw or expectation not met and asked for a prepaid shipping label? idn_smilie.gif

I could have, but that would have been dishonest. As much as I would have loved to stick it to them (they are a competitor of mine), I'd rather do it the ethical way. That is making them honor their price match and sell me a guitar at cost with a free gift cardthumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

Thanks, I just picked up 2 of those. One will be an X-mas present fer sher, the other?, well maybe I'll be keeping it wink.gif

Funny though, be4 pulling the trigger I looked at some YT vids and searched for other reviews. I found this review at Music Radar.com And although the review was largely positive (except for maybe the original MAP), they started with this amusing preface:

MXR ZW90 Wylde Phase

Henry Yates (Total Guitar)September 26, 2011, 15:11 GMT

Don't tell him we said this, but Zakk Wylde is a signature gear slut. We've had the Les Pauls, the Marshalls, the strings, the pug-ugly coffin axe, the wah, the chorus and the overdrive.

Just when you were half-expecting the Remington ZW1000 beard trimmer, the big man drops his spin on the MXR Phase 90. Maybe we'll give him a blank cheque and see if he signs that

Archived