DEC 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus

View Post

You mean "restock"? Not the same as refurb. Regardless, GearNutz also has them (new) for $399: http://www.gearnuts.com/store/detail/MA50H

Restock products may have scratches, dents, signs of use, or other forms of cosmetic damage that do not affect playability or performance. They may also have worn or non-original packaging.

Restocks may have been returned to the factory by customers or retailers, or they may have failed to pass quality standards during the manufacturing process. In either case, they are repaired and packaged at the factory for resale at a reduced price. Standards of quality vary from one manufacturer to the next.

In most cases, Restocks are guaranteed by the manufacturer to function or play perfectly and are covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Some manufacturers choose not to offer their warranty on Restocks however, or offer a warranty with a shorter duration than new products. Restocks are eligible for extended warranty Gold Coverage and are also covered by our Musician's Friend 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Order risk-free and take up to*30 days to check out the gear before deciding to keep it.

Yeah, that's a lot different than a refurb, I stand corrected.rolleyes.gif

Sweetwater also has a demo for $359.99

Condition: This item was thoroughly inspected by our factory-authorized service team. It is certified to be in perfect working order. While the packaging may be rough, the product inside is in great shape and contains the full manufacturer's warranty. What does Demo mean? The image(s) shown do not necessarily represent the condition of this particular item.

What Makes a Product a "Demo"?

At Sweetwater, "Demo" usually means one of the following:

It might have spent a little time in our display room.

A Sales Engineer may have put it through its paces to explain it to customers.

It could have been tried out for a few days.

We treat demo models exactly as we treat new gear. You get a full manufacturer's warranty, as well as Sweetwater's commitment to customer satisfaction. Other than it having been in someone's hands or hanging on a rack for a brief period of time, it's as good as new - at a great bargain!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by birdwax

View Post

Does anyone have one? Would appreciate your thoughts.

It always amazes me when an deal is posted with multiple reviews on the product page, and people post in this thread asking for opinions on the item. This item has 30 reviews right there on the Amazon page. Why not read the reviews, as opposed to cluttering the deals thread with additional product reviews?

Or better yet do a search in "Effects - Amps" for Zoom G2 in the thread Title. Link

Not trying to be a prick, just sayin'

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by watsonaka

View Post

It always amazes me when an deal is posted with multiple reviews on the product page, and people post in this thread asking for opinions on the item. This item has 30 reviews right there on the Amazon page. Why not read the reviews, as opposed to cluttering the deals thread with additional product reviews?

Or better yet do a search in "Effects - Amps" for Zoom G2 in the thread Title. Link

Not trying to be a prick, just sayin'

Perhaps folks on this board may trust the opinion of other forumites whose experience, taste, and deal-snooping acumen are well-known more than that of other random posters or reviewers? idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by illinismitty

View Post

Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute

http://www.samash.com/p/Gibson_Les%2...FQeynQod9lAAFw

Still $529.00 at Sam Ash for the satin ebony. $849 at MF. Price match gets you a $100 GC! I just called at got one. I also have a Melody Maker Special on the way for $429 , and one of them will go back.

Wouldn't the price match get you $160 GC?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

So no more 150% price match guarantee...i love it when they do promotions they can't honor lol

Dood....this topic was beaten to death last month.

The lucky few who got Les Paul Customs for $1100 plus over $500 GC should be pulling their dicks...........lucky bastards! Anyway, obviously when you are losing that Kind of $$$ who can blame them for capping their GC?????

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher

View Post

Perhaps folks on this board may trust the opinion of other forumites whose experience, taste, and deal-snooping acumen are well-known more than that of other random posters or reviewers? idn_smilie.gif

This. I do read the reviews on Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, etc, but I will not shock anybody in saying that these are rarely helpful. The problem is that with rare exceptions everybody loves everything on those sites. If you buy a guitar pedal, and you've never owned guitar pedal, you're likely to think that it's great, because guitar pedals are great. But some are better or worse than others, and the only way to know is to have used more than one. The way I see it, anyone who hangs out in this thread is an addict to some degree or another, so I find your opinions especially useful. Some of you have probably bought three pedals in the last month. I bought a guitar stand last week that I otherwise would've skipped because Guitarzan said it holds up in earthquakes. Many of us have bought Snark tuners because others here loved them.

Anyway, I never intended to start a debate about the Zoom pedal. I expected short answers and they were what I got (thank you, guys). I understand watsonaka's point of view. This thread does get derailed much more often than one would think was possible. But the way I see it, limited discussion of the deals posted is natural, on-topic, and helpful in many cases.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

So no more 150% price match guarantee...i love it when they do promotions they can't honor lol

I still got good deals, so I am not really mad about it. I'll take my winnings and call it day. But they should just call it a "price match guarantee", because the 150% is not correct. Extremely misleading.

It never ceases to amaze me how sales, promotions, rebates are messed up from the get go. Do these corporate marketing folks check their work? The Vox rebate mess, MF price matching, etc. Just sloppy and careless. How these upper management folks get their jobs and earn good money baffling.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by illinismitty

View Post

I still got good deals, so I am not really mad about it. I'll take my winnings and call it day. But they should just call it a "price match guarantee", because the 150% is not correct. Extremely misleading.

It never ceases to amaze me how sales, promotions, rebates are messed up from the get go. Do these corporate marketing folks check their work? The Vox rebate mess, MF price matching, etc. Just sloppy and careless. How these upper management folks get their jobs and earn good money baffling.

No doubt...I still shop at Zzounds and Sweetwater, even without a guaranteed price match(both will work with you and USUALLY price match)...it's when companies bight off more than they can chew that pisses me off. I mean, who the hell would ever expect a 150% price match, anyway? My philosophy in this matter...you make your own bed and you can damn well lie in it...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by birdwax

View Post

This. I do read the reviews on Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, etc, but I will not shock anybody in saying that these are rarely helpful. The problem is that with rare exceptions everybody loves everything on those sites.

Musician's Friend once held up one of my reviews because it was negative and I said that the product was made in China. Ever since then I put zero stock in what I read on there. Amazon is better. They will let you trash a product. Parts Express is also honest.

At any rate I too like asking questions here because it's more interactive and usually people know what they're talking about.

I started a thread about the G2 over in Effects.

Archived