DEC 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey

View Post

I desperately hope this meets with the approval of my peers.

Wildwood has further dropped the price on the Gibson Pete Townshend Signature SGs to $999. They do a set-up for you, so it's a decent enough deal if you've been looking for one of these.

http://wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/gibson/artist.htm

Why as a matter of fact I have been, thank you. I almost pulled the trigger on a used one at Dave's Guitar for the same price. Now I just have to figure out what to do with that hideous tribute case.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by George Jetson

View Post

Why as a matter of fact I have been, thank you. I almost pulled the trigger on a used one at Dave's Guitar for the same price. Now I just have to figure out what to do with that hideous tribute case.

Glad to help. You can also try to price match with MF who still has it in stock for $1179, and maybe get a little GC out of it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by vangkm

View Post

There's a clearance Jaguar HH special at Best Buy MOA for $340. It's not mint but nothing too bad.

From their website: "We are currently unable to show local-store inventories online.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Please visit your local store to shop in-store clearance." Probably a smart move on their part, but sucks for us.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by brandass View Post
From their website: "We are currently unable to show local-store inventories online.
We apologize for this inconvenience. Please visit your local store to shop in-store clearance." Probably a smart move on their part, but sucks for us.
If you do go to your local BB and find something, be sure to get someone to check the price in their system. I picked up one of the HH Jags for $340 a few weeks ago, even though the sale price tag was showing more than twice that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann

View Post

If you do go to your local BB and find something, be sure to get someone to check the price in their system. I picked up one of the HH Jags for $340 a few weeks ago, even though the sale price tag was showing more than twice that.

The Jag I saw said "Clearance" and had a price tag of $340. It was also located in one of the side rooms where all the drum equipment is.

• Members

Got my Gibson flying V with hardshell case (msrp$1799}

for $707 from Music123,,,samash wanted $799 and MF wanted to price match me the $799

and give me about $200 in future buying from them...

Myself I have rather have paid the $707,Wanted black but red is the only color,but I am sure I can learn to live with it...JT

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytuinals

View Post

Got my Gibson flying V with hardshell case (msrp$1799}

for $707 from Music123,,,samash wanted $799 and MF wanted to price match me the $799

and give me about $200 in future buying from them...

Myself I have rather have paid the $707,Wanted black but red is the only color,but I am sure I can learn to live with it...JT

wait, so MF hasn't capped the 150% price-matching yet? I wish there was just a little tiny bit of consistency in what MF tells us.

• Members

I have NO clue

I got many great deals lately from MF

But it seems that MF with only match a price and give you a Giftcard.

What made me nervous was when the salesman at MF was adding up my

giftcard deal and he said it was around $200,,,,welllllll is it $200????

I thought I would rather go to Music123 and get a deal knowing what I am paying for

and it was $707.

Yes maybe I would have got at least a extra $100 from MF butttt I was not

sure if I would see the giftcard and glad I went to their site........JT

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by aporcelainsky

View Post

wait, so MF hasn't capped the 150% price-matching yet? I wish there was just a little tiny bit of consistency in what MF tells us.

It's on the website. Probably a CSR that was not aware of the new cap. I can't blame the CSR, as the rules keep changing because some upper management folks are inept.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead99

View Post

Akai Professional Analog Custom Shop Drive3 Tri-Mode Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal Regular 49.00

http://www.amazon.com/Akai-Professio...547648&sr=1-28

MF price match with 150% deal is 49.99 plus a 65.00 gift credit...179.00 there.

The one you have linked is from a third-party seller, so I don't think they'll pricematch.

However, J&R Music has the OD (TS808 clone) and Distortion for $49 each. MF will pricematch and give you a $65 gift certificate.

http://www.jr.com/product/productLis...p?Ntt=akai+tri

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dega500

View Post

One PM request got it down to $402 and one more email reminding him of the latest 123% guarantee and they quickly came back with $367.00 until Sam Ash ran out of stock. Relatively painless and all of three minutes of my time!

Yellow MMS on the way to Bama!

Sons-a-b!tches...I've had three price matches shot down on this guitar. The first two came back as 'we can't do the price match because its below cost'. Then the most recent one came back as 'the link you provided to Sam Ash didn't work so we couldn't confirm the price'. What a crock this M123 place is. Why are they being such d!ck holes?mad.gif I swear I've never come across any other company that's gone so far out of it's way to not take my money.

I'm jealous, but happy some of you are getting these deals. $367 is a sweet price for that guitar.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Beyer160

View Post

The one you have linked is from a third-party seller, so I don't think they'll pricematch.

However, J&R Music has the OD (TS808 clone) and Distortion for $49 each. MF will pricematch and give you a $65 gift certificate.

http://www.jr.com/product/productLis...p?Ntt=akai+tri

got two more distortion pedals I have absolutely no need for! thanks guys!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jpnyc

View Post

Mxr Zw90 Wylde Phase Pedal $49.90

21fggdfg69L._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/url]

Thanks, I just picked up 2 of those. One will be an X-mas present fer sher, the other?, well maybe I'll be keeping it wink.gif

Funny though, be4 pulling the trigger I looked at some YT vids and searched for other reviews. I found this review at Music Radar.com And although the review was largely positive (except for maybe the original MAP), they started with this amusing preface:

MXR ZW90 Wylde Phase

Henry Yates (Total Guitar)September 26, 2011, 15:11 GMT

Don't tell him we said this, but Zakk Wylde is a signature gear slut. We've had the Les Pauls, the Marshalls, the strings, the pug-ugly coffin axe, the wah, the chorus and the overdrive.

Just when you were half-expecting the Remington ZW1000 beard trimmer, the big man drops his spin on the MXR Phase 90. Maybe we'll give him a blank cheque and see if he signs that

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tweedledee

View Post

I have a Music123 price match quote for the Gibson Melody Maker Special in satin cherry for $367 if anyone wants it. I realized I can't actually afford to buy the guitar after getting the quote. smile.gif PM me and it's yours.

Ditto for one in Satin Yellow...unfortunately, it's for the rip-off price of $429 biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Beyer160

View Post

So MF will pay you $16 for each? smile.gif

Archived