Buying from China direct to your door - Amazing!

Virgman

• Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor49

View Post

They were cheap shoddy rip-off artists for a long time before they were taught how to manufacture with quality and craftsmanship properly in mass-production by Deming who was not Japanese.

It's rare I'll take issue with you Doc, but they were world leaders in many skills long before Deming was even born. Japan went downhill after the Kanagawa Convention which was forced on them, but their culture, metallurgy skills and much craft work before this were well advanced above any Western Nations.

And War Criminals? We still glorify Bomber Harris, and the USAAF has never been tried for mass murder at Hiroshima or Nagasaki, victors, history etc

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Japanese torpedoes were vastly superior to the Allied torpedoes early in WW2. Not sure if they copied the Germans or not.

The Zero fighter was state of the art also.

And they lead the world in anime and contact lenses that make a girl's eyes look big and killing dolphins.

• Members

The Japanese torpedoes were vastly superior to the Allied torpedoes early in WW2. Not sure if they copied the Germans or not.

The Zero fighter was state of the art also.

And they lead the world in anime and contact lenses that make a girl's eyes look big and killing dolphins.

• Members

View Post

the Japanese have integrity when it comes to Japanese tradition and little else.

Olympus ring a bell?

Successive Governments have continued to honour war criminals and have consistently refused to accept responsibility for things they did to the Chinese and the Allies in the name of Japanese Imperialism.

They were cheap shoddy rip-off artists for a long time before they were taught how to manufacture with quality and craftsmanship properly in mass-production by Deming who was not Japanese.

but we digress.

My point was that there is a cycle of industrial development and we find different countries at different points on the wheel

The wheel will keep on turning, prond Mary keeps on burning and, one by one, nations will either fall off or re-engineer themselves to stay on. China is re-engineering and will stay on. The US Europe and Japan have some thinking to do.

My Chinese wife has said the same thing as have many other Chinese women.

Did you know Japan and Russia are still technically involved in WW2?

Cool facts, bro.

• Members

View Post

the Japanese have integrity when it comes to Japanese tradition and little else.

Olympus ring a bell?

Successive Governments have continued to honour war criminals and have consistently refused to accept responsibility for things they did to the Chinese and the Allies in the name of Japanese Imperialism.

but we digress.

My point was that there is a cycle of industrial development and we find different countries at different points on the wheel

The wheel will keep on turning, prond Mary keeps on burning and, one by one, nations will either fall off or re-engineer themselves to stay on. China is re-engineering and will stay on. The US Europe and Japan have some thinking to do.

My Chinese wife has said the same thing as have many other Chinese women.

Did you know Japan and Russia are still technically involved in WW2?

Cool facts, bro.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ratae Coritanorum

View Post

It's rare I'll take issue with you Doc, but they were world leaders in many skills long before Deming was even born. Japan went downhill after the Kanagawa Convention which was forced on them, but their culture, metallurgy skills and much craft work before this were well advanced above any Western Nations.

And War Criminals? We still glorify Bomber Harris, and the USAAF has never been tried for mass murder at Hiroshima or Nagasaki, victors, history etc

thats Ok Sean.

I forgot to mention that they are not the only ones to have a nationalism blind spot and I was referring to their recent industrial past not their historical expertise, which incidentally is matched by the Chinese of yore!

I promise to do better in future! *_^

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ratae Coritanorum

View Post

thats Ok Sean.

I forgot to mention that they are not the only ones to have a nationalism blind spot and I was referring to their recent industrial past not their historical expertise, which incidentally is matched by the Chinese of yore!

I promise to do better in future! *_^

• Members

I've purchased a lot of stuff from China. For the most part it is of decent quality, no different than what you'd expect to buy at a retail store here. But I seriously don't know how they make any sort of profit. I've bought items that only cost a couple bucks with free shipping. How can they do that? Like the OP said, it would cost more than that to ship something to the guy down the street in the US. The Chinese mail system must be heavily government subsidized to promote trade with the US.

• Members

I've purchased a lot of stuff from China. For the most part it is of decent quality, no different than what you'd expect to buy at a retail store here. But I seriously don't know how they make any sort of profit. I've bought items that only cost a couple bucks with free shipping. How can they do that? Like the OP said, it would cost more than that to ship something to the guy down the street in the US. The Chinese mail system must be heavily government subsidized to promote trade with the US.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Grantus

View Post

I bought a Mooer pedal direct from a Chinese seller. Fairly quick delivery, good price, good quality pedal.

I have bought several Mooer pedals this way. Great service and, in my estimation, EXCELLENT quality pedals. (If you're in the market for a tremelo, consider the Mooer Trelicopter.)

I am wary of AliBaba and TradeTang, but eBay sellers from China are a different story.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Grantus

View Post

I bought a Mooer pedal direct from a Chinese seller. Fairly quick delivery, good price, good quality pedal.

I have bought several Mooer pedals this way. Great service and, in my estimation, EXCELLENT quality pedals. (If you're in the market for a tremelo, consider the Mooer Trelicopter.)

I am wary of AliBaba and TradeTang, but eBay sellers from China are a different story.

Archived