Hot or Not? May 23rd

Jkater

• Members

Yam weddngton

yam wedd side

back wedd

back wedd yam

Yamaha Weddington Custom.

Maple cap on Mahagony back, ebony fretboard with MOP/abalone inlays, five-piece neck going deep into the body allowing for sleek heel design and unobstructed upper fret access, custom designed Di Marzio humbuckers (guitar in pics has a different neck pick-up).

These are rare. They were very expensive to make and Yamaha produced them only for a short time. Rich Lasner was the designer , he worked for Ibanez and designed the Jem among others.

5-way switch combined with a tone pot push/push switch gives great versatility :

1. Coils A+B in series (normal neck humbucker)
    2. Coils A+B in parallel (single-coil neck voicing)
    3. Coils A+B in series + C+D in series (normal middle-position of a Les Paul, both humbuckers run in parallel)
    4. Coils B+C in series (the inner coils from each humbucker) + D (the back coil in the bridge humbucker) brought in paralled with the rear tone control.  This very cool single-coil sound is one of my favorites!
    5. Coils C+D in series (normal bridge humbucker)
    6. The sixth tone is achieved by using the treble pickup tone control to invert the phase of one of the bridge coils giving the player realtime control over the harmonic content of the sound.

• Members

I must say that while I drool profusely over the Weddington, my dream California-made Yamaha of the early 90's is the PAC1412, also designed by Rich Lasner. some similarities too: sandwhiched body, crazy fret access, wavy inlays, top grade materials etc.

PAC1412

pac1412

Archived