Free Stuff Thread (Redux)

Splendor

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have an LP project guitar coming that's nothing but neck and body - it has nothing, except frets. The only thing I was going to have to put on it was a set of pickups, strap buttons, and a TOM bridge, as soon as I got around to modding another guitar.

But thanks to two of the members that participated here, a few days ago, I got a nice set of knobs, tuners and pickguard from an Epi standard (thank you jmgruber) and today brought a nice trapeze tailpiece (thank you Mike Fiasco) which is the kind I wanted to put on this guitar.

So this thread, and it's members, have been a BIG help in gathering some of the many parts this guitar needed and I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again!

Cool. :thu:

• Members
Dang I thought you were going to offer up an LP project neck and body
;)

Well..........if I really end up botching the hell out of the project, I imagine it could end up here, or in the woodstove, or being used as a baseball bat with the wall as the ball..........:)

• Members

blues, make sure you post a video of that batta swingin! Did you say you need pups? I've got those Jackson humbuckers left if ya want em..

Hahaa, there'll be no video, maybe I'll just say I was rehearsing for "The Who".

I will have pups as soon as I mod an Epi Special I have, which I didn't really want to use, (I'm replacing them because I think they suck), but I figured for now.......I'll bet the Jacksons are mega-times better.

If no one else is needing them, I'll gladly take them for this project. I'd rather use those than pickups I'm taking out of another guitar becuse they're crappy.

• Members

no one has claimed em yet. sad thing is, I've never used them. A guy on here sent them to me to try in my LP cuz I hated the stockers in it, and I never got around to isntalling them. Instead I got a JB/Jazz set for my SZ and moved the SZ pups over into the LP. Those pups made the LP absolutely SING despite being teh suck in the SZ.. Amazing how the wrong mix of wood, wire and magic totally ruins a pup, ain't it?

• Members

It is surprising how sometimes, just the right combination can make the difference. And then there's the people factor - something that sounds great to one sounds like crap to another.
I've sent you a PM, I would very much appreciate the jackson pups for my project.

• Members

Another couple parts arrived yesterday for my LP project guitar I have coming, a pair of Jackson humbuckers (thank you, RavenCad!).
There was also had a single coil Jackson in with them, which it turns out, I have use for in another project guitar that has three pickups - I was just going to replace the bridge and neck and leave out the middle, but now I'll keep a middle pickup putting the Jackson in there.

My friend hasn't sent me the LP yet, been having trouble finding a box, and hasn't been in a hurry because he knows I have a couple other project guitars I'm working on already, but at this rate, by the time he gets it to me, I'll have everything I need to just do it. I already have these pickups now, bridge, tailpiece, tuners, knobs, pickguard, strap buttons, paint - I think all I've got left to get are pots, a 3 way switch, the covers for the back and the truss rod, and the jack.

• Members

While digging through a box I found...

*one USB"A" to USB"B" (will work with digitech RP 1/2/350)

*one pack of Ernie Ball 9 Gauge Slinky strings (the pink ones)

thats all for now, if you want any of them PM me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Me likes free things. I also have an extra electronic tuner to offer up... one of the cheap "Qwik Tune" ones. It does guitar and bass, has an electronic pitch pipe, etc. Up for grabs. (Edit: gone)

Please post some free things! They make everyone :) .

Archived