The Doom Room

book_of_lies777

• Replies 29.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do you think the pod X3 is worth it? Can it be ran as a preamp to a power amp?

I LOVE my POD X3 - I've not run it into a poweramp, but that's basically what they're designed to do, along with the obvious direct recording. I would try to use as clean a poweramp as possible, to take full advantage of the cab & mic modeling it has. It models 78 guitar amps, 24 guitar cabs, 4 mics, 28 bass amps, 22 bass cabs, 6 preamps, and 98 effects - plus you can run dual tones simultaneously! You could have a Fender tone coming out of the right channel, and a Marshall coming out of the left - or a Deizel/Orange, or Vox/5150, etc. It also has acoustic and vocal settings(also customizable)... you can play guitar and your buddy can run his bass thru the same unit, at the same time, with completely independent signal processing.

not trying to sound like shill, but it's totally badass!

• Members

Yeah I think im gonna have to check this out im not a corksniffer really when it comes to amps and I like the versatility it seems to have im thinking of getting that and a peavey classic poweramp off ebay and maybe a orange or avatar cab and ill be set for a longgggg time.

• Members

:wave:

Still loving it. The Devil Rides Out sample is great although personally I think it'd sound better if you cut it back to just that first 'eko eko' line before tearing straight into that riff. Definitely not a criticism, just a thought. I'd be more than happy to hear your track on any Wizard album.

Let the Doom reign down.

• Members

At home volume levels, at this time I'm really digging my classic 57/fuzzface combination. A bit more "stoner" than doom, similar to the FuManchu tone on "In Search Of". I also use a modified ruskie BMP for recording some leads. The stock Russian BMP sounds good going into a loud amp.

But for Live/rehearsals it is:

LP>Electricampmv120>Electric6x12====DOOM

• Members

I posted a few pages back back, but I'll post again since most people are probably like me and don't read entire threads (as I see videos now popping up like 2 or 3 times now). All I play is doom or stoner with some psychedelic thrown in for good measure, no B.S here so here is my gear/rig:

Guitars (Gibson LP VM/Gibson SG Classic/Epi LP Custom) >> Morley Bad Horsie II Wah >> DOD Flashback Fuzz for boost >> Dano Tremelo >>Berhinger Phaser >> Boss 7-band EQ >> Rocktron Hush >> Boss TU2 >> split the signal to two amps out of the tuner >> Marshall DSL100/Orange Rockverb 50

What is going to be added changed soon -- a new US EHX Small Stone Phaser, a new Marshall Echohead Digital Delay, and a ProCo Rat added.

Future: EHX Octave Multiplexer, EHX Small Clone, change out the Dano which is a good cheap tremelo for something a little better but I haven't given that much thought yet but probably something made by EHX like a Wiggler.

• Members

Still loving it. The Devil Rides Out sample is great although personally I think it'd sound better if you cut it back to just that first 'eko eko' line before tearing straight into that riff. Definitely not a criticism, just a thought. I'd be more than happy to hear your track on any Wizard album.

Let the Doom reign down.

thank you!

• Members
At home volume levels, at this time I'm really digging my classic 57/fuzzface combination. A bit more "stoner" than doom, similar to the FuManchu tone on "In Search Of". I also use a modified ruskie BMP for recording some leads. The stock Russian BMP sounds good going into a loud amp.

But for Live/rehearsals it is:

LP>Electricampmv120>Electric6x12====DOOM

I'm digging your riffs/tone/feel on your myspace page. :thu:

• Members

the song in the Boris clip I posted is Ano Onna No Onryou off of Akuma no Uta

Boris is great, my favorite abums are (in order):

Amplifier Worship

Heavy Rocks

Akuma no Uta

Pink (most assessable)

Feedbacker (one long song like Jerusalem)

They are really interesting, heavily influenced by Sleep and the Melvins, and each album is pretty different, with Amplifier Worship and Feedbacker being the most doomy, and Heavy Rocks being very Melvins-like

As for Sunn O))), Flight of the Behemoth is a great listen, espcially the cover of for whom the bell tolls, titled: FWTBT (I Dream of Lars Ulrich Being Thrown Through the Bus Window instead of My Master Mystikall Kliff Burton)

they also do an Immortal cover on Black One, Cursed Realms (Of the Winterdemons)

Archived