The Doom Room

book_of_lies777

• Replies 29.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Feedbacker is titties :thu: So is Pink- Akuma no Uta and Heavy Rocks should be next!

What a pair! If only that Orange was battery powered like a pignose!

That ebony MM is da bomb too! You're getting some nice pieces!

What's the florescent green cab?

it is 9V! sounds tons better than my piggie!

thats a duck taped crate cab- the prototype for this one that i just got (speaker's coming tomorrow woohoo)

81c25a4e.jpg

lopoline 1x12 sig in green with sparkle grill, and soon to have a V30

• Members
Feedbacker is titties
:thu:
So is Pink- Akuma no Uta and Heavy Rocks should be next!

it is 9V! sounds tons better than my piggie!

thats a duck taped crate cab- the prototype for this one that i just got (speaker's coming tomorrow woohoo)

81c25a4e.jpg
lopoline 1x12 sig in green with sparkle grill, and soon to have a V30

Cool color.:thu:

• Members

New drummer didn't show last night, yuk. Another frustrating drummer moment. But we still jammed. Things are starting to turn very Electric Wizard in our world, all of the endings seem to be getting really long, lots of effects, huge slow power chords, loads of fuzz. I think the new Witchcult Today CD is having a lot of effect on us. We finished up two songs we had been working on, supreme heaviness. We've decided to not write anything new until we get this drummer situation straighten out. Been trying people out for months and months and just can't make it work it seems. Tired of playing to a drum machine.

And we discovered yesterday that Fu Manchu is playing here on March 28 at the House of Blues! Hell yes, will be there (I know, not doom, but still greatness!)

• Members
New drummer didn't show last night, yuk. Another frustrating drummer moment. But we still jammed. Things are starting to turn very Electric Wizard in our world, all of the endings seem to be getting really long, lots of effects, huge slow power chords, loads of fuzz. I think the new Witchcult Today CD is having a lot of effect on us. We finished up two songs we had been working on, supreme heaviness. We've decided to not write anything new until we get this drummer situation straighten out. Been trying people out for months and months and just can't make it work it seems. Tired of playing to a drum machine.

And we discovered yesterday that Fu Manchu is playing here on March 28 at the House of Blues! Hell yes, will be there (I know, not doom, but still greatness!)

Drummers :mad: :mad: It's so hard to find one whos not a flake! Then come singers :mad: :mad:

• Members
Drummers
:mad:
:mad: It's so hard to find one whos not a flake! Then come singers

We have the original guy we started with who is still wanting to play, problem is -- he can't play that well and our stuff is getting more and more diverse and the songs are really long with lots of changes. None are less than 5 minutes and most 7 minutes. The new one is around 10 minutes.

I'd rather find the right guy than settle, but we've been working on this band since August now. yeah, going through drummers that long now. :mad:

• Members
We have the original guy we started with who is still wanting to play, problem is -- he can't play that well and our stuff is getting more and more diverse and the songs are really long with lots of changes. None are less than 5 minutes and most 7 minutes. The new one is around 10 minutes.

I'd rather find the right guy than settle, but we've been working on this band since August now. yeah, going through drummers that long now.

We've had similar issues. The first drummer was very good and wrote actual parts and such but was shrouded in various shades of a$$hole. The second was a good friend of ours but didn't fit. Finally we have a drummer who is both a friend and a great player. Finally after 3 years!

Now we're in search of the right singer. I sure hope it doesn't take another 3 years. I'm getting old. ;)

I guess I should give a sound clip here now. This is with our original drummer recorded Dec. of 2005 during a practice session. We have since slowed our pace quite a bit and focus more on dynamics.

Not exactly doom but you get the picture.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6134373

• Members

We've had similar issues. The first drummer was very good and wrote actual parts and such but was shrouded in various shades of a$$hole. The second was a good friend of ours but didn't fit. Finally we have a drummer who is both a friend and a great player. Finally after 3 years!

Now we're in search of the right singer. I sure hope it doesn't take another 3 years. I'm getting old.
;)

I guess I should give a sound clip here now. This is with our original drummer recorded Dec. of 2005 during a practice session. We have since slowed our pace quite a bit and focus more on dynamics.

Not exactly doom but you get the picture.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6134373

Hard rock drummers are a strange breed and can play what they want, most in this area either want to play death metal screamo stuff, classic rock covers for money, or modern rock like Tool. Hard to find the over 30 guy who wants to play obscure stoner rock and doom for little or no recognition and no money! We play up the Sabbath thing pretty big in our ads and that brings em in at least and we even had a guy who was a huge Sabbath and Trouble freak that was just pumped to play with us, perfect! Same age and all. The week of his audition, his wife lost her job and he had to take on a ton of over time to make up for it, no time for band stuff. Just the luck we have been having.

The original guy, he is excited and is fine when we get going but can't seem to play the same thing week in and week out. That is a problem. Forgets what he wrote.

Had a singer who came out that sounded perfect a while back -- he came over and walked in the door and says -- you have cats don't you. I said yes and said, you should have told me, I'm allergic to cats (like I'm going to discuss my pets with someone coming over to audition). He asked for some Benadryl, popped 3 of them! Stayed for about an hour and left. What a freak! Never heard back from him. That was fine, the singer from old band is working with us which is cool and he is pretty good. And my bass player, amazing!! Found some musical mojo and a partner there -- we seem to be on the same page now 100%.

• Members

cool on the song front - not cool on the drummer front

hope you find someone reliable

• Members

Finally got my speaker in and installed, so my rig is officially complete (til I give in and get another 1x12 cab for a celestion 100w I have) So here is a family o' DOOM picture of an apartment rig:

d71f3a88.jpg

the lopo sounds great, tons most bass than my open back crate and yet tighter as well, I can go up another notch in volume and thats always good :love:

• Members
Finally got my speaker in and installed, so my rig is officially complete (til I give in and get another 1x12 cab for a celestion 100w I have) So here is a family o' DOOM picture of an apartment rig:

d71f3a88.jpg

the lopo sounds great, tons most bass than my open back crate and yet tighter as well, I can go up another notch in volume and thats always good
:love:

awesome!

clips?

• Members

Alright doods I recorded a clip with my laptop mic Melody Maker > Tubescreamer boosting > Tiny Terror > laptop mic > garageband
this is the first clip I've ever put up so I am prepared for execution :freak: its a bit of the satanic rites of drugula riff, though I'm only tuned to C#
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6136403
oh and heres some noodling I did the other day- SG tuned to C into garageband direct with the "grunge" model and some effects
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6136414

• Members
Alright doods I recorded a clip with my laptop mic Melody Maker > Tubescreamer boosting > Tiny Terror > laptop mic > garageband

this is the first clip I've ever put up so I am prepared for execution
:freak:
its a bit of the satanic rites of drugula riff, though I'm only tuned to C#

oh and heres some noodling I did the other day- SG tuned to C into garageband direct with the "grunge" model and some effects

I like that second riff. :thu: Got tabs?

• Members

this is the first clip I've ever put up so I am prepared for execution
:freak:
its a bit of the satanic rites of drugula riff, though I'm only tuned to C#

that was cool - didn't sound bad at all. I've heard much, much worse clips from gigging bands...

Is that your new cab?

• Members

thanks!

the first one yeah, the tiny is on 1 with the gain on 7 with the tone on 6, the tubescreamer is on full level with the gain on 4 and the tone at noon

I havent gigged since a high school talent show 15 years ago (my skate punk band played enter sandman lol I was in a Hammett phase that ended the band) and I quit playing for about 9 years in between :freak:

Archived