The Doom Room

book_of_lies777

• Members

Anyone had any luck running a sem-hollow with perhaps some P-90's? I've been gassing for something like this lately

I actually have a Sparrow 335-type with HB's and it's fine through both the Electric and the Ampeg. My Edwards LP had HB's and I actually changed it to Bare Knuckle HB sized P90's. They're the Pig 90's and they are the {censored}ing {censored}!!!! I'm trying to find a Gibson or USA Dean V and I will put the Pig 90's in that too!!!!

• Replies 29.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really? Marshalls can sound fuzzy like that? How?? Btw pedal recommendations would also be welcome

Appologies for not getting back to you sooner.

I was out of the city, with no internet connection.

I have a twin CD/DVD set of them.

DVD part is all live footage. I will have a closer look at it again tonight, and get back to you ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I've had issues with extreme feedback with my semi-hollow and any sort of real volume and gain. My es-137 not only fedback (with Lollar humbuckers like it has now and with Bare Knuckle Mississippi Queens a few years back) but the entire body would resonate like crazy...it felt like a fan blowing out of the f-hole. I do run my Electric on 10 all of the time though I don't have a ton of gain but my semi-hollow has be relegated to my songwriting guitar at home on much smaller amps.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived