Guitar Pictures.

GreatDane

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post
very nice! i'd love to try one of those Zions some time. haven't seen one in person yet.
Thanks! You have some great looking gear too.

Zion's are great guitars. My Silverburst Primera is my number one.

This is my other Zion:
Zion Powerglide
Powerglide_Blue.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Superrust View Post
I'll play
Left to right..
MIA 01 Texas Specials/MIA 00 Texas Specials/09 Crook/Custom 05 '57 relic with 69 pups/Ibanez '93 SR800 bass/MIA 96 Lone Star/MIJ 07 paisley RI/PRS SE custom semi/LP 05 Premium Plus

Fam6_1_10.jpg
that is one fine family you have there. thank you for sharing!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by twisty571

View Post

I'd have a tough time putting that 1 down,sweet collectionlove.gif

haha~ thank you! both that one and it's "sister" G0 get a lot of play these days. hey sound great and play very well. i think i'll play this one tonight idea.gif

• Members

my 2002 Les Paul Custom '57 Reissue "Black Beauty". An outstanding all-around guitar. the pickups are '57 classics (incredible PUs, IMO). the neck is nice and full. nice weight as well; around 8.75 lbs. when i want that ton-of-bricks tone in a classy wrapper, i reach for this one.

WEB_02GibsonLP57R_BB-003.jpg

WEB_02GibsonLP57R_BB-006.jpg

WEB_02GibsonLP57R_BB-007.jpg

WEB_02GibsonLP57R_BB-005.jpg

WEB_02GibsonLP57R_BB-004.jpg

WEB_02GibsonLP57R_BB-015.jpg

• Members

Sorry, this pic kinda sucks, but it's a recent 'family' photo!

gruppe.jpg

Left to right, top row first:

Ron Kirn JM-style
Fender Custom Shop 1960 Relic Strat
Gretsch G6131 Jet Firebird (1989)
Gretsch G6120 (with wire arm Bigsby handle)
Eastwood Airline Map (with TV Jones Classics)
Gibson Chambered 1958 Reissue Les Paul
Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany (plenty 'o mods)
Gibson Les Paul Junior (1961)
Gibson SG Special (1969)

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Carbohydrates View Post
Sorry, this pic kinda sucks, but it's a recent 'family' photo!

gruppe.jpg

Left to right, top row first:

Ron Kirn JM-style
Fender Custom Shop 1960 Relic Strat
Gretsch G6131 Jet Firebird (1989)
Gretsch G6120 (with wire arm Bigsby handle)
Eastwood Airline Map (with TV Jones Classics)
Gibson Chambered 1958 Reissue Les Paul
Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany (plenty 'o mods)
Gibson Les Paul Junior (1961)
Gibson SG Special (1969)
very cool, Carbs! congrats again on the new Kirn JM. it's a beauty.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane

View Post

very cool, Carbs! congrats again on the new Kirn JM. it's a beauty.

Thanks, man! I've been playing it a lot lately, and let me tell ya - through a 2x10 Fender without rolling off the tone knob, it's brighter than the sun. It makes a strat sound like a Les Paul. Definitely need to reign it in some. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Carbohydrates

View Post

Thanks, man! I've been playing it a lot lately, and let me tell ya - through a 2x10 Fender without rolling off the tone knob, it's brighter than the sun. It makes a strat sound like a Les Paul. Definitely need to reign it in some. smile.gif

whoa, that's bright then. is that the sound you were looking for? if the tone controls are good (which i'm sure they are), then you should be able to dial that edge back, right?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post
whoa, that's bright then. is that the sound you were looking for? if the tone controls are good (which i'm sure they are), then you should be able to dial that edge back, right?
Well I know JMs are bright, but this one is moreso than I was expecting. Could be the maple and ash as opposed to rosewood and alder, could be the round 10s instead of flat 12s, could be that running a JM through a Fender tends to produce this. I dunno! Luckily, the tone controls ARE very good so it's not a huge deal. I really wanna push this through a gainier amp and see what happens, but I don't have any of my stage amps set up right now.

The advantage to its inherent chime is it makes things like slowly strummed chords sound absolutely amazing!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Carbohydrates View Post
Well I know JMs are bright, but this one is moreso than I was expecting. Could be the maple and ash as opposed to rosewood and alder, could be the round 10s instead of flat 12s, could be that running a JM through a Fender tends to produce this. I dunno! Luckily, the tone controls ARE very good so it's not a huge deal. I really wanna push this through a gainier amp and see what happens, but I don't have any of my stage amps set up right now.

The advantage to its inherent chime is it makes things like slowly strummed chords sound absolutely amazing!
now that sure sounds good~ can't wait to hear what you think of it through something with a little more gain.

Archived