Guitar Pictures.

GreatDane

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice gretsch, what do you think of the 90's pre-fender ones? you have/had a gold one of some sort right?

I've got a '96 silver jet with filtertrons - pretty nice.

Also, I know you asked for a group picture, but since my #1 LP is still being refinished, here are the other LPs. The #1 is going to look no different from this black one anyway

lp_group.jpg

'99 LP DC standard lite, '90 standard, '10 junior, '99 standard, '04 R9, '88 standard, '99 DC standard lite

The two DCs are actually a bit different from each other. one has a thinner body, and sounds a bit different. You can also tell I like the late 80's/early 90's standards. the one being refinished is an '89. (although that's been heavily modified)

• Members
Nice gretsch, what do you think of the 90's pre-fender ones? you have/had a gold one of some sort right?

I've got a '96 silver jet with filtertrons - pretty nice.

i had a '95 Gold Sparkle Jet for a while. it was a nice guitar, for sure. if cornered, i would have to say i think Fender was the best thing that ever happened to Gretsch and those post-Fender examples are the finest around. hands down. even over the vintage US Gretsches. that said, again i would never turn down a MIJ pre-fender Gretsch either.

Also, I know you asked for a group picture, but since my #1 LP is still being refinished, here are the other LPs. The #1 is going to look no different from this black one anyway

lp_group.jpg

'99 LP DC standard lite, '90 standard, '10 junior, '99 standard, '04 R9, '88 standard, '99 DC standard lite

The two DCs are actually a bit different from each other. one has a thinner body, and sounds a bit different. You can also tell I like the late 80's/early 90's standards. the one being refinished is an '89. (although that's been heavily modified)

awesome collection of LPs you have there! that's not everything though, right? you mentioned a Gretsch silverjet. what else do you have in the "family"? you and i have somewhat similar tastes in Gibsons, i think. i also very much enjoy the mid 80s through the 90s for Les Pauls. heck, even the early to mid 2000s produced some killer examples.

• Members
23614_380700272939_833722939_3662589_188

(L)Guitar Fetish Strat body reshaped and attached to neck and parts from a Squier Jagmaster (R) Les Paul Studio with replaced pickguard and knobs

that reshaped guitar is pretty trippy, indeed. what was the rationale behind the reshaping?

• Members

i had a '95 Gold Sparkle Jet for a while. it was a nice guitar, for sure. if cornered, i would have to say i think Fender was the best thing that ever happened to Gretsch and those post-Fender examples are the finest around. hands down. even over the vintage US Gretsches. that said, again i would never turn down a MIJ pre-fender Gretsch either.

awesome collection of LPs you have there! that's not everything though, right? you mentioned a Gretsch silverjet. what else do you have in the "family"? you and i have somewhat similar tastes in Gibsons, i think. i also very much enjoy the mid 80s through the 90s for Les Pauls. heck, even the early to mid 2000s produced some killer examples.

Interesting - I really only bought the '96 silver jet because I preferred the spec/look of it. It's sort of a blend of the ones they do now, if that makes sense.

I haven't tried many mid 2000s LPs, but I'm pretty familiar with the ones they made in the late 90's. Those LP DCs which were made in 1999 were pretty cool - they're a little different from the flame top DC standard plus. They have a plain top, thinner body (chambered), and different pickups (492R and 57T I believe). The neck is also noticeably different from the slim 60's neck. They also came stock with strap locks which was great.

There was also the 1999 single cut LP standard you sold me, which is a great guitar.

And thanks - as for my other guitars, there are two other gibsons (both SGs), but other than that, I've got two fenders (newer american standards), as well as the gretsch I mentioned.

I'd say the more interesting ones are... first, the rarest one which made by 'emex' (not even sure where these were made, but i've not seen many of them). it's also my ugliest guitar. there are a few handmade things too. a couple of maton (australian make) semi hollows, and a few manson (UK make) tele style guitars (which are probably my favorites - haven't played anything better). One other worth mentioning is this one made by http://www.afguitars.co.uk/ - it's just this one guy, but he does great work. That's mine in the website banner (you can see more pics on there as well).

• Members

here's another one i bought and promptly sold off (for decent money, IMO). i loved the finish on this guitar, but not much else. the tone fell somewhat flat, and the feel of the guitar just wasn't where i needed it to be. new owner was happy, so i'm happy. moving on...

WEB_06Gibson_LP_MM-003.jpg

WEB_06Gibson_LP_MM-004.jpg

WEB_06Gibson_LP_MM-006.jpg

WEB_06Gibson_LP_MM-007.jpg

WEB_06Gibson_LP_MM-008.jpg

WEB_06Gibson_LP_MM-010.jpg

WEB_Manhattan-008.jpg

• Members

this is a 2006 R9 that i owned a while back. it was in mint condition, and i was always afraid to play it for fear that i would ding/dent it. i ended up selling it because it was too perfect. weird, huh?

WEB_06GibsonR9_Triburst-001.jpg

WEB_06GibsonR9_Triburst-003.jpg

WEB_06GibsonR9_Triburst-004.jpg

WEB_06GibsonR9_Triburst-005.jpg

WEB_06GibsonR9_Triburst-006.jpg

WEB_06GibsonR9_Triburst-008.jpg

WEB_2006_R9-008.jpg

WEB_2006_R9-012.jpg

WEB_2006_R9-040.jpg

WEB_2006_R9-043.jpg

• Members

love the finish on that one

with that blue LP, do you think that particular guitar was just not one of the good ones, or was there something different about that particular model?

specifically, i didn't like the neck carve on the guitar; very thin. i also didn't like the weight; very, very light. maybe 7.5 lbs. definitely didn't feel right sitting on a strap to me. i also found the binding to be very annoyingly bright white (having nothing to do with playability, but really bugged me). i have seen Gibson make a non-chambered version of this guitar with a fuller 50s neck, and i would give it a go if i came across one, but that bright white binding would still irk me.

love the ebony board though.

• Members

here are some pictures of my 2006 Hamer USA Artist semi-hollow. It's got a wild "gretsch orange" finish over some seriously nice flamed maple. The fretboard is Brazilian Rosewood. the pickups are Seth Lovers. It plays and sounds even better than it looks.

w06HamerArtist_Orange-001.jpg

w06HamerArtist_Orange-002.jpg

w06HamerArtist_Orange-003.jpg

w06HamerArtist_Orange-004.jpg

w06HamerArtist_Orange-010.jpg

w06HamerArtist_Orange-013.jpg

w06HamerArtist_Orange-019.jpg

w06HamerArtist_Orange-021.jpg

• Members

I love some grain like that :thu: I had a custom classic tele a while back. Nice guitar

Here's a tele of mine which has some nice grain on it.

IMG_0066.jpg

The top is quilt. Might not be for everyone but I like it.

IMG_0069.jpg

Neck. It's flat sawn, but very solid....believe it or not, my other one which I bought well over two years ago hasn't actually needed anything touched with the neck up until recently. I don't think that one is flat sawn though...I think rift sawn or something like that? (not quarter sawn).

• Members

i bought this 2006 PRS Hollowbody from HCEG forumite WarriorPoet over a year ago. he was needing some cash for his family and i had always admired this guitar. so i offered to buy it from him with the condition that, once he regained some financial stability, if he wanted the guitar back he would simply have to refund my money (plus shipping) and the guitar would be his again. he hasn't taken me up on the offer yet, but it still stands.

wPRS_Hollowbody-001.jpg

wPRS_Hollowbody-002.jpg

wPRS_Hollowbody-003.jpg

wPRS_Hollowbody-004.jpg

wPRS_Hollowbody-006.jpg

wPRS_Hollowbody-015.jpg

wPRS_Hollowbody-016.jpg

wPRS_Hollowbody-018.jpg

wPRS_Hollowbody-022.jpg

here it is with the original creme PU rings re-installed.

wPRS_Hollowbody-026.jpg

• Members
i don't know for certain if it's quartersawn, but it sure looks like it. the grain is very consistent. and yes, it's highly flamed maple.

you can tell by looking at the tip of the headstock with the guitar on its back. if the grain is horizontal, it's flat sawn, if it's vertical, it's quarter sawn.

i think all of mine are flat sawn except for that tele i mentioned which is going diagonally. i'd say my US strat is flat sawn, but it changes direction :confused:

Archived