Guitar Pictures.

GreatDane

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cratz2 is a pretty good photographer. He's taken several pictures of my gear. Even with a good camera, my pics somehow always look like those terrible digital phone pics you see in the spam thread and on ebay.
:facepalm:

cratz2 is great. i like tweedledee's pics as well. there's a few others, but i can't think of who they are right now.

• Members

wGibson_Reissues-003.jpg

wGibson_Reissues-005.jpg

wGibson_Reissues-009.jpg

i took these pics over the holiday weekend. it's not the entire "family", but it is all of the Gibson Reissues that i own. it's the first time i've taken them all out and seen them together. it's a beautiful bunch, IMO. can you name them all?

• Members

wGibson_Reissues-005.jpg

i took these pics over the holiday weekend. it's not the entire "family", but it is all of the Gibson Reissues that i own. it's the first time i've taken them all out and seen them together. it's a beautiful bunch, IMO. can you name them all?

I'll take a shot at naming them.

Top row: R7, R8, '52 reissue, R8, G0, 57 Black Beauty, '68 Custom, JB Reissue

Bottom Row: R6, R9, R9, R4

• Members

I'll take a shot at naming them.

Top row: R7, R8, '52 reissue, R8, G0, 57 Black Beauty, '68 Custom, JB Reissue

Bottom Row: R6, R9, R9, R4

you are SO close. the guitar just to the right of the '52RI is actually another G0. i loved the lemon-ish one so much that i scored the other one a few weeks after.

... and while it's nearly identical to the (MUCH pricier) JB RI, the guitar in the back on the far right pre-dates the official release of the JB, so to be technically correct i guess we have to refer to it as a R4 Oxblood. the neck on that thing is fat as heck. i love it. the previous owner replaced the creme trim with the black, but i have all the original trim if i ever wanted to put it back to stock.

thank you again, S_O, for the interest!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher

View Post

Most beautiful collection of LPs I've ever seen, GD, but that tea-burst plaintop on the left is absolutely gorgeous. Cheers!

thank you, Preacher! that was my first gibson Reissue and it is an amazing guitar. i do play it often, even if the sticker is still on the pickguard. i never got around to taking it off and then when people started commenting on how i should take it off, that was my cue to leave it on... evil.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post
you are SO close. the guitar just to the right of the '52RI is actually another G0. i loved the lemon-ish one so much that i scored the other one a few weeks after.

... and while it's nearly identical to the (MUCH pricier) JB RI, the guitar in the back on the far right pre-dates the official release of the JB, so to be technically correct i guess we have to refer to it as a R4 Oxblood. the neck on that thing is fat as heck. i love it. the previous owner replaced the creme trim with the black, but i have all the original trim if i ever wanted to put it back to stock.

thank you again, S_O, for the interest!
With a collection like that how can I not take some interest? =)

So when do we get to see a picture of the full Les Paul family together?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Strung_Out View Post
With a collection like that how can I not take some interest? =)

So when do we get to see a picture of the full Les Paul family together?
i should have kept going this weekend once i had all the reissues out. this coming weekend will be pleasantly hectic with friends visiting from out of town, but if i can find an hour or so, then i will take a shot at it. i need more stands, or will have to slide some additional chairs into the picture. or i could just stack them on the floor like yngwie and his vintage strats... wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius View Post
Lovely family shot on the couch! thumb.gif You have more LPs than I do Strats. That's inconceivable! eek.gif
thank you, Doc! but that's impossible; how many strats are you up to? i'm sure you have me beat. wait until i take a picture with ALL the les pauls in it. it will be GLORIOUS.

will-ferrell-20080228043332232.jpg

Archived