Guitar Pictures.

GreatDane

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane

View Post

oh hey, now that is wonderful. thank you for sharing!

1996 MIJ jazzmaster; it's got a small gold 50th anniversary sticker on the back of the headstock... it plays great. Anyone know if it would be better to remove the buzz stop? Would I sound more like Sonic Youth? LOL j/k

• Members

zzzz100_4335.jpg

Here's an MIJ jag I picked up as a project for $200; you don't want to see what's under that pick guard! I have the orig pups w/ it; can anyone ID these 'buckers? They sound great, but this should not have been done to a jaguar. It's got an 'LE' serial number on the back of the headstock (limited edition?) w/ like 6 digits after it. I think its an early/mid 90's... anyone selling a pick guard cheap? LOL

• Members
Well, here's some of mine:

P100525007.jpg

P100525006.jpg

A better pic of the strat:

P100617001.jpg

thank you for sharing! it's hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like you've got a 'mary kay' thing going on with that squier (i.e. gold hardware, trans-white finish). what's the story with that LP? i've don't recognize the make/model.

• Members
this one came home with me about a year or so ago as i happened to be in a local music store for strings. it's a somewhat rare 2000 Standard that Gibson did in an assortment of limited colors. it's solid blue with some very subtle, small flakes mixed it to give it this crazy-cool depth without being very "bling". the back is a dark chocolate brown. the board is ebony, which i very much enjoy. very nice sounding and rather heavy (no chambering here). i am not really a blue guitar kind of guy, but this one is stunning (IMO).

WEB00LP_Blue-002.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-003.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-004.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-005.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-008.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-017.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-019.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-021.jpg

:eek:

OMFG....

I want one!!!!!
:evil:

• Members

2006; non-chambered. I love them, but most people swap 'em out. It's true, they only have one sound (rock), but boy, what a sound they have...

that sounds like a nice one. i have no issues with one-trick ponies, as long as that one trick is bringing the rock.

• Members

thank you for sharing! it's hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like you've got a 'mary kay' thing going on with that squier (i.e. gold hardware, trans-white finish). what's the story with that LP? i've don't recognize the make/model.

Mary kay??? The tuners (Gotoh), tremnut + StewMac vintage tremolo were stuff I had laying around. Thought they'd do good in the Strat. Stock tuners are really lousy; it's a Bullet Strat. The newer bridge gives better sustain+ wider string spread. And is overall way better.

The Les Paul is a J&D (Jack and Danny Brothers, a Taiwanese company) LC3 with new pickups (Tonerider Rocksong) ,electronics, copper-foil shielding, Tusq nut. None of the cavities were shielded, so it was a noise generator. Now it's dead quiet and sounds sooo much better than the Epi LP Standard. I used to own a few of those so I'm fairly confident in making that statement.

• Members

this is a 2004 Les Paul Standard Limited Edition in a finish they called "santa fe sunset". as attractive as it was, i did not like this guitar. there was something about it that made it feel very "plastic-y" and it felt very cheap overall (i know i'm not really explaining this well, but it's the best i can do). i ended up selling it to a guy who still raves about it to this day. to each, his own...

Guitars_06072008-004.jpg

Guitars_06072008-006.jpg

Guitars_06072008-007.jpg

Guitars_06072008-009.jpg

Guitars_06072008-010.jpg

Guitars_06072008-017.jpg

• Members

pictures of a 2005 Gretsch Jet Firebird that i bought and later traded (for a strat that i later sold for good money, IMO). a very nice guitar, indeed. my humble opinion is that the newer gretsches exceed the quality, playability and tone of the vintage US versions.

WEB_GretschJetFireBird-003.jpg

WEB_GretschJetFireBird-004.jpg

WEB_GretschJetFireBird-005.jpg

WEB_GretschJetFireBird-006.jpg

WEB_GretschJetFireBird-007.jpg

WEB_GretschJetFireBird-022.jpg

WEB_GretschJetFireBird-029.jpg

WEB_GretschJetFireBird-033.jpg

Archived