Guitar Pictures.

GreatDane

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

this one came home with me about a year or so ago as i happened to be in a local music store for strings. it's a somewhat rare 2000 Standard that Gibson did in an assortment of limited colors. it's solid blue with some very subtle, small flakes mixed it to give it this crazy-cool depth without being very "bling". the back is a dark chocolate brown. the board is ebony, which i very much enjoy. very nice sounding and rather heavy (no chambering here). i am not really a blue guitar kind of guy, but this one is stunning (IMO).

WEB00LP_Blue-002.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-003.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-004.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-005.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-008.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-017.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-019.jpg

WEB00LP_Blue-021.jpg

• Members

i took this 2001 '68 Reissue Les Paul Custom in on a trade (for another custom, incidently). it has the fattest neck of any les paul i've ever played; fatter even than the '52 Reissue LP Goldtop. Remarkably, it's really nice playing on a neck that fat. bends are easy, and arpeggios are a breeze. best part is my hand never gets tired. anyway, it looks, sounds, and plays beautifully. it's heavy (~10 lbs), but no worries; that's what strap locks are for.

w01LPCustom_68RI-001.jpg

w01LPCustom_68RI-003.jpg

w01LPCustom_68RI-004.jpg

w01LPCustom_68RI-008.jpg

w01LPCustom_68RI-005.jpg

w01LPCustom_68RI-009.jpg

w01LPCustom_68RI-006.jpg

w01LPCustom_68RI-014.jpg

w01LPCustom_68RI-019.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane

View Post

i took this 2001 '68 Reissue Les Paul Custom in on a trade (for another custom, incidently). it has the fattest neck of any les paul i've ever played; fatter even than the '52 Reissue LP Goldtop. Remarkably, it's really nice playing on a neck that fat. bends are easy, and arpeggios are a breeze. best part is my hand never gets tired. anyway, it looks, sounds, and plays beautifully. it's heavy (~10 lbs), but no worries; that's what strap locks are for.

w01LPCustom_68RI-019.jpg

That's a stunning Custom. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GreaserMatt

View Post

I'm diggin' that blue les paul... the custom is nice too... just picked up a black '98 standard, after selling my '06 goldtop classic and regretting it. I'm actually happier w/ the std...

hey, thank you! i think '90s les pauls are great buys. i owned LP classics on a couple of occasions and played bunch; i don't like them. i think you made the right choice.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Li

View Post

Nice pics man thumb.gif

And im sure you have a lot of awesome rare gibbys like the GOW models - you arent holding out on use are you?? cop.gif

thank you! i have more guitars to post, and i will do so over time. i don't currently have any GOTW models. i was only attracted to a few of the batch and they continue to be out of my self-imposed price limit for now.

• Members

here's one i picked up back in 2004 or 2005 and sold just a couple years ago. it was a great guitar, but i was going through this kick where i had to sell off guitars that had been modded; this one had Seymour Duncan pickups and a semi-pro fret job. it also had one of the nicest plain tops i've seen in this finish. very nice guitar. i sometimes miss it.

WEB_01GibsonLP_Tobacco-001.jpg

WEB_01GibsonLP_Tobacco-002.jpg

WEB_01GibsonLP_Tobacco-003.jpg

WEB_01GibsonLP_Tobacco-005.jpg

WEB_01GibsonLP_Tobacco-006.jpg

WEB_01GibsonLP_Tobacco-013.jpg

WEB_01GibsonLP_Tobacco-015.jpg

WEB_01GibsonLP_Tobacco-017.jpg

WEB_01GibsonLP_Tobacco-018.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane

View Post

i have only owned this 2001 R9 for about a month and a week, and i quite enjoy it. it's faded quite a bit in spots over the years, which i personally find pretty cool. it's in perfect shape otherwise.

Very nice - is that brazilian rosewood? is there much of a sound difference between that and the '04 which I assume is indian rosewood?

One of my guitars has a brazilian rosewood board (I think) - but I don't really have anything to compare it to for sound.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead, lol

View Post

Very nice - is that brazilian rosewood? is there much of a sound difference between that and the '04 which I assume is indian rosewood?

One of my guitars has a brazilian rosewood board (I think) - but I don't really have anything to compare it to for sound.

it is a Brazilian fretboard. they made a handful of BRW Reissues in 2001 and this is one of them. i don't hear a difference in terms of tone (subjective anyway, right?), but i find it more appealing to look at. the fact that it's BRW doesn't mean that much to me as a player, but the collector in me loves it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage

View Post

Armitage_Les_Paul_Traditional.jpg

A 2010 Les Paul Traditional Plus in Cherryburst... it took a while to find The One, but it was worth the wait.

The sun was coming in the window just right today...

beautiful. just beautiful.

• Members

i owned this 2001 gibson "working man" WM-45 acoustic for a while, but truthfully i could never get on with it, and reached for other acoustics consistently until the day i sold this. it went all the way to Australia, and the guy on the other end loves it. he did not, however, love the shipping cost.

WEB_WM45-003.jpg

WEB_WM45-008.jpg

WEB_WM45-012.jpg

WEB_WM45-019.jpg

WEB_WM45-031.jpg

WEB_WM45-032.jpg

Archived