Guitar Pictures.

GreatDane

• Members

i would be lost without this guitar. it's a 2001 Paul Reed Smith McCarty in what i believe they call 'McCartyBurst' over a beautiful flamed maple cap. the stock pickups sound incredible, and the coil tap (via push/pull) is very handy. i gigged this guitar right up until a couple months ago. it plays and sounds and feels exactly the way i want a guitar to be. it's as close to #1 as I can consider among any of my guitars.

WEB_PRS_McCarty-001.jpg

WEB_PRS_McCarty-002.jpg

WEB_PRS_McCarty-003.jpg

WEB_PRS_McCarty-004.jpg

WEB_PRS_McCarty-005.jpg

WEB_PRS_McCarty-011.jpg

WEB_PRS_McCarty-012.jpg

WEB_PRS_McCarty-013.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Monk

View Post

I don't think all of my guitars added together have half the monetary value of just the STRINGS you have on your guitars!

haha~ by the looks of what you have in your sig, you're doing just fine. i consistently hear great things about those PRS SEs.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Chitown

View Post

Holy crap GD! That's an awesome herd. Nice pix , too. How many more yet unposted? Bet this is fun for you. It is for me!

hey, thank you! i'm having a great time with this thread. it's possible that many forumites have lost interest (or never had interest to begin with), but i started this as a place where i could photo-document my past and present guitars for me. if anyone else (like yourself) is getting any enjoyment at all out of these posts, then that's icing on the cake! thumb.gif

i haven't counted the number of guitar pics i have waiting to post, but suffice it to say it will be a while before you see the pics stop.

• Members

here are pics of my 2001 PRS McCarty Soapbar (or "McSoapy"). the stock soapbar pickups have been upgraded to Lollars, but everything else is stock. this guitar looks beautiful, plays beautiful, sounds beautiful. it's a keeper.

wPRS_McCartySoapbar-001.jpg

wPRS_McCartySoapbar-002.jpg

wPRS_McCartySoapbar-003.jpg

wPRS_McCartySoapbar-004.jpg

wPRS_McCartySoapbar-006.jpg

wPRS_McCartySoapbar-011.jpg

wPRS_McCartySoapbar-013.jpg

wPRS_McCartySoapbar-014.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 9-Pin-Phoenix

View Post

I love looking at your guitars GD. I really want a McCarty or a DGT. Have you tried one? I'd be interested in your opinion.

thank you, 9PP! i own a few McCarty's, and consider that model to be one of the best designs of any guitar ever. seriously. i would love to try a DGT too, eventually.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDane

View Post

haha~ by the looks of what you have in your sig, you're doing just fine. i consistently hear great things about those PRS SEs.

Oh, not to say I'm very well off for where I am - especially considering I'm only 17! Yeah, the SE's are fantastic, I love mine, although a pickup swap is in order...

Also, your PRS with P90's - are those a production model? For some reason, I've only seen one PRS with P90's in person that wasn't an SE Singlecut...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Monk

View Post

Oh, not to say I'm very well off for where I am - especially considering I'm only 17! Yeah, the SE's are fantastic, I love mine, although a pickup swap is in order...

Also, your PRS with P90's - are those a production model? For some reason, I've only seen one PRS with P90's in person that wasn't an SE Singlecut...

yes, the 2001 PRS soapbar was a production model. there are a few models of PRS that use P90s. for example, there's a wild Custom with three P90s and a gorgeous top that they did for a while.

• Members

can't remember if i've already posted this, but no bother;

here are some pics of what i consider, in many ways, to be the heart of my collection. seriously. it's been my steady gigging guitar (along with the 2001 McCarty pictured in an earlier post), and has never let me down. all stock except for dunlop straplocks, there is nothing on paper that should make this guitar as incredible to hear and play as it is- it's just your basic pedestrian Les Paul Standard with a decent flamed maple top, burstbucker pickups and thinner 60s neck. yet somehow, even though it's just another LP Standard to many, this one plays and feels perfect to me. it's pretty worn, but i love it.

WEB_2003FlameTop-001.jpg

w03LPStandard-001.jpg

w03LPStandard-002.jpg

w03LPStandard-003.jpg

w03LPStandard-004.jpg

w03LPStandard-005.jpg

w03LPStandard-006.jpg

w03LPStandard-007.jpg

w03LPStandard-008.jpg

• Members

i scored this 2003 Gibson Les Paul '52RI after trying out a real '52 at a vintage instrument shop over in NYC. no doubt, this version of the Les Paul has it's detractors. personally, i love the neck on this guitar and am a sucker for a nice gold top. the P90s sound great as well. the bridge can be a pain in the ass for a few specific reasons; 1) the strings wrap under the bridge instead of over, so palm muting is next to impossible without completely readjusting the angle of my picking wrist; 2) the strings aren't slotted in the bridge, so big string bends or even aggressive strumming will cause the strings to shift and throw off tuning/intonation; 3) the bridge itself isn't fixed to the top of the body and because there isn't any string tension over the bridge to push it downward the bridge will shift, throwing off the alignment of the strings to the neck, etc. ugh...

all that said, i find this guitar to be amazing for fingerstyle and light-to-moderate intensity pick-work. also, the fretboard on this guitar is absolutely the coolest in terms of the figuring in the rosewood. i may look for a modified direct-replacement bridge (folks like Joe Glaser in TN were making them, i think) that solves all of these issues, but it's not high on my list of priorities.

web03GibsonR2-001.jpg

web03GibsonR2-002.jpg

web03GibsonR2-007.jpg

web03GibsonR2-008.jpg

web03GibsonR2-009.jpg

web03GibsonR2-010.jpg

web03GibsonR2-011.jpg

web03GibsonR2-012.jpg

web03GibsonR2-014.jpg

• Members

here are some pics of my 2004 Gibson Les Paul '54RI done a la Jeff Beck in Oxblood (looks black in low to moderate light, but is actually a very deep red-brown) with factory routed Burstbucker 2&3 combo. i've read some people complaining about the bridge pickup sounding too bright as it's routed very close to the wrap-tail bridge, but i love the sound and range of tones. the neck pickup sounds awesome as well. the neck is fat like you would find on a standard R4, and the weight feels just shy of 9 lbs. i really dig the crazy coloring on the fretboard too. the previous owner switched out the stock creme plastic trim with black. i've since changed it back to the creme, but haven't gotten around to taking current pics. maybe this weekend if time allows. a very cool guitar that i have been playing more and more over the last month. i may even try to lay down some tracks using it over the next week so you can hear what it sounds like.

web04GibsonR4_Oxblood-001.jpg

web04GibsonR4_Oxblood-002.jpg

web04GibsonR4_Oxblood-003.jpg

web04GibsonR4_Oxblood-005.jpg

web04GibsonR4_Oxblood-006.jpg

web04GibsonR4_Oxblood-010.jpg

web04GibsonR4_Oxblood-014.jpg

• Members

pics of my 2004 Gibson '59RI, for your viewing pleasure. i think the top on this guitar is pretty killer, and the classic cherry sunburst finish looks great. the neck on this guitar is nice and full, but not as fat as the earlier "R" models. the stock Burstbucker 1&2 pickups cover a nice range of styles and sounds and are a perfect match, IMO. the weight is just shy of 9 lbs.

w2004R9-001.jpg

w2004R9-002.jpg

w2004R9-003.jpg

w2004R9-004.jpg

w2004R9-005.jpg

w2004R9-006.jpg

w2004R9-007.jpg

w2004R9-014.jpg

w2004R9-017.jpg

w2004R9-021.jpg

• Members

i took this 2005 Fender US Telecaster in on a trade from a fellow forumite just over a year ago. i was looking for a decent tele to add a different flavor to my live rig. when i took this out and plugged it in, i knew i had found what i was looking for. i've since played a couple shows with it and many, many rehearsals. it's nothing super-special as far as guitars go, but i love it (so maybe that makes it super-special to me?).

wFenderTele-001.jpg

wFenderTele-002.jpg

wFenderTele-003.jpg

wFenderTele-004.jpg

wFenderTele-005.jpg

wFenderTele-006.jpg

wFenderTele-007.jpg

• Members

now for something a little different; a 2005 Tom Anderson Pro Am in what they call a "bowling ball" finish (i love this finish, though it no doubt has it's detractors). the body is basswood and the neck is rosewood (no fretmarkers) with stainless steel frets. the pickups have been upgraded to DiMarzios and they're coil tapped.

wAndersonProAm-001.jpg

wAndersonProAm-003.jpg

wAndersonProAm-004.jpg

wAndersonProAm-009.jpg

wAndersonProAm-010.jpg

wAndersonProAm-011.jpg

wAndersonProAm-012.jpg

wAndersonProAm-013.jpg

wAndersonProAm-014.jpg

wAndersonProAm-020.jpg

• Members

i scored this 2006 McNaught Singlecut Junior in a trade a while back. it was the most over-the-top guitar i think i've owned in terms of the finish and figure of the top. everything about it was top-notch and it sounded amazing. it was almost too "bling" for me. i could never bond with it even though it was clearly an incredible instrument. i ended up scoring another McNaught that was a little (little) more reserved and just as awesome, so i traded this guitar off.

WEB_McNaught-001.jpg

WEB_McNaught-002.jpg

WEB_McNaught-003.jpg

WEB_McNaught-004.jpg

WEB_McNaught-005.jpg

WEB_McNaught-011.jpg

WEB_McNaught-012.jpg

WEB_McNaught-015.jpg

• Members

this is the McNaught i'm keeping. an excellent all-around guitar, imo. not quite as over the top as the other McNaught i posted earlier, but as good in terms of fit, finish and features. interestingly, this guitar was owned at one point by fellow HC'er, BlackHatHunter (i think he's even still got pics and videos on his website). the neck feels like a PRS wide-fat with a little more meat and a slightly narrower width. the pickups are tapped via push-pull to get single coil tones. the tuners are locking and the hardware is all top-notch. stainless steel frets. the contours and shaping of the body is very comfortable. the fretboard inset "binding" is a nice touch (ebony nested in flamed maple). i can ony describe the tone as being very "woody" and "round"; with a touch of compression and a little overdrive, this thing gets nasty.

web2007McNaughtSCJ-001.jpg

web2007McNaughtSCJ-002.jpg

web2007McNaughtSCJ-006.jpg

web2007McNaughtSCJ-007.jpg

web2007McNaughtSCJ-008.jpg

web2007McNaughtSCJ-009.jpg

web2007McNaughtSCJ-011.jpg

and here's the two together:

webMcNaughts-001.jpg

webMcNaughts-004.jpg

webMcNaughts-005.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead, lol

View Post

Haven't checked this thread in the past few days

Holy...

love.gif

Have you got any pictures left of the 1999 standard? wink.gif I've got that guitar right next to me.

thank you for continuing to check in! i figure i'll just keep posting a guitar a day until i run out. i do have pics of the '99 standard. it's coming up soon. that is one gorgeous guitar you ended up with. if you ever need to get rid of it, please let me know. i'd be happy to see her return to me.

Archived