Anyone play a heavily inlaid Antoniotsai guitar

blueshawk1

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Does anyone here have and play one of those heavily inlaid Antoniotsai electric guitars?

Do they play worth a damn or are they all for looks?

I have one but I don't play it. Cuz it's totally unplayeable. Worst peace of {censored} I've ever seen. Looks nice on the wall though (from a distance). Stay away. U've been warned.

• Members

Oh, hey, this thread's back from the dead! I own an Antoniotsai guitar and it's an awful piece of {censored}. Really heavy, the finish sunk into the wood in multiple places, tonally dead. The truss rod nut came stripped and had to be replaced. Upgraded the electronics and pickups (Fender Custom Shop), tuners (Planet Waves locking), and bridge (Wilkinson) and it's still awful. It's wall art now. At least it was cheap as hell.

• Members

u been warned...

these guitars carry infectious diseases and will
disable
little children should they inadvertently come within 5 metres of them

adults ..they will merely be dazed and confused ..

keep a wide berth
:p

let those STOOPID REPEAT buyers keep buying hehehe

good xtian folks ought to steer clear

I hear that when you first open the gigbag the guitar turns into rattlesnakes and all your skin melts off!!!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Been with that guy(Antonio) since 2007... I have 7 solid bodies, most of them mahogany+ maple tops + mahogany necks.... these all have stayed with me, the only exception was a jazz archtop... the frets were absolutely out of line... so I sent back and it was replaced by a solid body.

Now, to the point... what You pay is what You get... You can buy a battery in a 1$ store, it will last You a day, and You can buy a battery in a Future Shop or else..... and it will serve You good....

Most oof the instruments on sale and bidding ARE MADE BY students, and , his factory IS NOT A FACTORY, It is a school for the next generation of inlay artists, so.. the guitars You folks buy or bid on Ebay store , are just practice jobs.. no more... .. I have 2 custom made.... they cost me over 500.00$(for them that's huge money)..(that was 3 yrs ago... now the prices are up.... As to what I changed in these guitars: pups, electronics and tuners( to pay for " used look" Gibson bridge or bridge 500-and over is nonsense... as the Korean made ones serve the purpose same way... and new tuners(Wilkinson), .. so, all in all these guitars have been updated and play very well and look gorgeous. Will post pictures as sson as I make decent photos.

So , If You buy one of these guitars, You buy yourself into a project, that, on end, will make You a pretty good luthier and the owner of unique instruments that will serve You well musically and be the attraction to Your audience.

• Members

Been with that guy(Antonio) since 2007... I have 7 solid bodies, most of them mahogany+ maple tops + mahogany necks.... these all have stayed with me, the only exception was a jazz archtop... the frets were absolutely out of line... so I sent back and it was replaced by a solid body.

Now, to the point... what You pay is what You get... You can buy a battery in a 1$ store, it will last You a day, and You can buy a battery in a Future Shop or else..... and it will serve You good....

Most oof the instruments on sale and bidding ARE MADE BY students, and , his factory IS NOT A FACTORY, It is a school for the next generation of inlay artists, so.. the guitars You folks buy or bid on Ebay store , are just practice jobs.. no more... .. I have 2 custom made.... they cost me over 500.00$(for them that's huge money)..(that was 3 yrs ago... now the prices are up.... As to what I changed in these guitars: pups, electronics and tuners( to pay for " used look" Gibson bridge or bridge 500-and over is nonsense... as the Korean made ones serve the purpose same way... and new tuners(Wilkinson), .. so, all in all these guitars have been updated and play very well and look gorgeous. Will post pictures as sson as I make decent photos.

So , If You buy one of these guitars, You buy yourself into a project, that, on end, will make You a pretty good luthier and the owner of unique instruments that will serve You well musically and be the attraction to Your audience.

The guy is a total slime-bag.

I bought an inlaid 7 string neck. I took it to my luthier who refused to use it because most of the frets were either crooked or in the wrong place. And the truss-rod was glued stuck.

I contacted "Paul" - there is no such person as Antoniotsai - who agreed to do an exchange. It cost me almost $100 postage to send it back. I boomeranged back to me after the VN postal service deemed it "undeliverable." A fellow forumite who lives in VN checked out the address and it's in a residential area and references a place that doesn't exist.

After more BS from the guy I just ate my losses. I did a check on the money order I sent for payment and it was cashed by "Paul" in Philadelphia, not Vietnam.

GRRRRRR!

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Yes I have one an I love it. I've been playing 48 years full time an I have many expensive guitars. My Antonio Tasi  plays as well as any of my others. I've seen what some say about them and there is always someone thats got to be negative about something. Maybe they just dont know how to tune one.       

If you get the good hardware on one it will be great and you'll love it. You get what you pay pay for.

I say God bless Antonio Tsai

Archived