Let's See Your Les Pauls...

GuitarNoobie

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

continuing on...

1997 LP Custom Shop Standard. very unique top with lots of cool character. the finish is kind of a dirty lemon kind of vibe. this is essentially a plain-top R9; all the specs and neck carve are spot on. the story goes that this was one of four guitars made by the custom shop and commissioned by Brad Whitford of Aerosmith. he kept one and this was one of three that then found their way into other hands. i have no proof, but it's a cool story regardless.

w97GibsonLPStandard_CS-002.jpg

1997 LP Standard. another great guitar from the production line. not everyone likes a cherry sunburst, but to me it's a classic look and i'm a sucker for it.

w97GibsonLPS_CSB-001.jpg

1997 R7. this one has it going on. all stock and sounds killer. i gigged this one right up until my current hiatus. baseball bat neck, huge sound and great weight. this is one of the most perfect examples of a historic era reissue i've experienced.

WEB_97GibsonR7GoldTop-001.jpg

1999 R9. in '99, gibson made a small run of plain-top R9s. this is one of those. the top is anything, but plain. great wood, great weight, nice sound and very classy in an understated kind of way. i've put it up for sale a couple times, but always pulled it down.

w99_R9-002.jpg

1962 LP/SG. not sure if this one counts, but this was during the time when Gibson redesigned the LP and before they changed the name of the new design to SG. I found this one through a CT dealer friend who gave me a great price on it. it's an excellent original example, and i can't express just how fortunate i consider myself to be that i have one of these guitars in my possession.

w62GibsonSG-034.jpg

that's the current LP portion of my collection. hopefully you can dig it.

Archived