• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
  • Members

t_e_l_e wrote:

here is mine:

1975_lp_custom_maple.jpg

serial number dates it 74 or 75, but as it doesn't have 20th anniversary in it its more likely a '75, one year younger than me

and i should make some better pics of it

I used to have one of those that I bought new in 1978 - It weighed in at 12lbs

It was a great sounding and playing guitar. I put a toggle switch in it so I could switch the pickups to single coil and, with the maple fingerboard, I could get great Deep Purple sounds with it.

It was stolen out of the back of a Honda Civic in 1980 and I have not seen it since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

When I first joined this forum some time back in 2008 I never thought I'd own a 'real' Les Paul. But this week I have finally got one. I'll post pictures later today once I've taken some with a decent camera.
It's a Les Paul 50s Tribute with p90s in Vintage Sunburst. 2013 model.

• Members

prauny wrote:

When I first joined this forum some time back in 2008 I never thought I'd own a 'real' Les Paul. But this week I have finally got one. I'll post pictures later today once I've taken some with a decent camera.

It's a Les Paul 50s Tribute with p90s in Vintage Sunburst. 2013 model.

Congrats!

• Members

I really like that too Brian. I now prefer the 'faux' binding look to the white/cream plastic look. I have to resist the urge to scrape the edges clean of finish to reveal the plain maple. I've seen some very good attempts at it over at the mylespaul forum. Also some that have been buffed to a higher gloss. I really should stop looking up ways to mod this guitar. It will not end well...

Archived