Let's See Your Les Pauls...

GuitarNoobie

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

'74 20th Anniversary Custom - heavy, with pretty substantial neck. I like both of those features; feels and sounds so REAL:

7420thAnniversaryLPC.jpg

'74 LPC, '80 BC Rich Mockingbird and '04 Gecko Burst Standard w/60s neck. The '04 is more honky on bridge pickup and quacks more in the middle pickup selection than the LPC. The LPC is more warm.

LesPaulsMockingbird.jpg

• Members
thanks man, when you are you going to grace us with that FANTASTIC COLLECTION of yours ?

you are far too kind. i've sold a few in efforts to scale down somewhat. here's what I currently have in the collection.

2000 LP Standard limited edition sapphire blue top with dark trans-brown back.

WEB00LP_Blue-002.jpg

2000 R9 in what i call butterscotch-burst. the pickups are Sheptone Tributes and they kill.

w00GibsonR9-002.jpg

2001 R9. the top on this one is really out of this world, if you are a fan of flame tops. it's a punchy guitar that plays awesome. really nice neck carve on this one too.

w01GibsonR9_2-001.jpg

here's another 2001 R9 that i have. '01 must have been a great year for R9s because this one is just as amazing as the one above it. great neck, huge midrange punch and 100 tons of attitude. a true inspiration to play.

w2001GibsonR9_3-031.jpg

2007 LP Custom in aged pelham blue finish. i obsessed over this model from the minute Gibson released it into production, but didn't get in line fast enough and then they were all sold out. by the time they started hitting the used market, the prices were stratospheric. so i waited. finally earlier this year, the planets aligned, and now i have one of my own.

w07GibsonLPC_APB-001.jpg

2003 LP Standard. this is my go-to guitar, which should say a lot given it's generally "pedestrian" nature in comparison to the other guitars in my collection. they sure got this one right that day off the line, because it's absolutely perfect in my hand and sounds like no other "regular" Standard I've played.

w03LPStandard-001.jpg

1976 LP Custom. i wasn't looking for a black custom when a friend of a friend of a friend reached out, but when i came by to check it out this one just blew me away. the fact that it's from my birth-year just makes it that much more special to me.

w76GibsonLPC-022.jpg

1979 LP Custom Silverburst. i've rambled on for years on this forum about my relationship with this guitar. tours, studio, it's seen a lot of good times. a very special instrument that was there through many of my formative years on the instrument.

WEB_79_Silverburst-001.jpg

1989 LP Custom in wine red. along with the '79 silverburst, this one was part of me during a very exciting period in my musical life. it saw a lot of hard playing time and never let me down. no idea what was in the water around the time that i was playing this one, but i wore down the neck pretty well and de-glossed much of the top and sides. also corroded much of the plated hardware. relic'd the natural way, i guess you could say.

w89LPCustom052010-001.jpg

1996 R4. great, chunky neck. honking, fat P90s that get really gnarly with some OD. i have had the good fortune to compare this to three different actual '54 LPs and the owners were each impressed with how well this one held up. i'm biased, but i think this guitar actually smoked 'em. THE reason why i haven't bit the bullet on a real '54. believe it... or not.

w96GibsonR4-007.jpg

to be continued...

Archived