Let's See Your Les Pauls...

GuitarNoobie

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarNoobie

View Post

what a sexy group shot thumb.gif

thanks, man. i love that pic. it's all luck, but i feel like i got the right amount of natural light and the placement and all that crap. just came together nicely. two out of the three i still have. all three R9s were made within three years of one another, but there's so much visually (and sonically) that is different between them.

the R9 in the foreground (left) is very vibrant and acoustically very loud- the kind of LP tone that makes you want to just dig in and go nuts with only the slightest bit of gain.

the R9 in the middle is sonically darker, but still very "alive" sounding.

the R9 in the background (right) is no longer with me. it's a very nice guitar, but acoustically it was fairly underwhelming and had a very neutral tone that didn't raise the hairs on my arm like the other two. no doubt, a superb instrument, but i was in a luxurious position of being able to split hairs, so i did. the new owner is VERY happy.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarNoobie

View Post

she's a beaut...

i wanna build one similar to that some day... thumb.gif

Thanks - it's a fun guitar to play. This was one of the first batch of Larry Corsa "PG Mods" done a few years ago. Magnets are reversed on the neck pickup so you get some really cool out-of-phase tones with the middle pick up selector ala Peter Green & Gary Moore.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Strung_Out

View Post

I'm still waiting for you to do that Slash AFD LP build you mentioned ages ago.

that's what i was thinking of when i saw his peter green lp...

it's coming buddy, i just don't know when. not set up for construction, but it will happen thumb.gif still next on my list thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by noisebloom

View Post

2010 Studio 50s Tribute

2010%20Gibson%20Les%20Paul%20Studio%2050

Nom. Krash need one of those.

2008 BFG

P1010335.jpg

I see you replaced the tinker-toy knobs, good call. If I had one I'd add a pickup ring for the HB, even though it's obviously functionally unnecessary. Can't get used to the look without one, looks nekkid or something.

It's not you, it's me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad

View Post

I see you replaced the tinker-toy knobs, good call. If I had one I'd add a pickup ring for the HB, even though it's obviously functionally unnecessary. Can't get used to the look without one, looks nekkid or something.

It's not you, it's me.

Tinker-toy knobs, I love it. biggrin.gif Yep, I never liked those wooden knobs, and I couldn't replace them fast enough.

Normally, I'm with you on having pickup rings on Les Pauls. But the BFG is such an unusual Les Paul that I think it looks weirdly appropriate without a pickup ring.

If I ever did put a pickup ring on it, I might get one in clear plastic, if I could.

Archived